- Personal Service
- Peace of Mind
If you have whisky rocks instead of ice in your fridge, you need to take a trip to Glenmorangie House in the Scottish Highlands. Yes, you read it right. The home of single malt magician Glenmorangie. Here you can enjoy a tasting that you will never forget – either in the comfort of the lodge or between the barrels at the tasting room in the distillery. The tasting can cater to beginners or experts, and you can also try limited-edition malts. After the tasting you can enjoy dinner at the lodge. This will start with a pre-dinner cocktail – an Old Fashioned, but with a twist. If you’re there for Burn’s Night you can even enjoy the traditional haggis, which will be announced by the sounds of a world champion bagpiper.
If you wish to extend your break in Scotland, you can also stay at the Castle of Mey, the former home of HM The Queen Mother, which is now owned by Prince Charles. If you’re there during the winter months, you might even see the Northern Lights.
Lightfoot Exclusive: You can’t drive, so why not arrive by helicopter. Your Lightfoot Designer can arrange for you to be flown close to the property.
If you have every wondered what it’s like to be a whisky distiller, the Kavalan Distillery is the place to find out. For the Kavalan team give you the chance to create your own blend. But before you can book into a tasting where you can try some of the 16 expressions that they create. Then in the blending room you can take bourbon or sherry matured malts that you can use to create your own blend. After you have bottled your bespoke blend, it is then presented to you in a silk-lined box. When you have friends over for dinner, you can always crack the box open and relive the experience.
While the Scots might not want to hear it, the best single malt in the world can actually be found within a whisky distillery in Tasmania. The World Whiskies Award went to Sullivan Cove in Tasmania. Lightfoot Travel can arrange for you to enjoy a whisky tasting at this very distillery, as well as one or two others around the island. You can be whisked by a Mercedes-Benz from distillery to distillery in a country that now celebrates a burgeoning whisky industry. And is happy to let you try a dram from the cask when possible.
To book your own whisky tour, contact Lightfoot's Scotland expert
From $8,940 pp
- See the spectacular Highlands of Scotland
- Visit a Royal Distillery on a private tour
- Play golf at the Royal Dornoch Golf Club
- Enjoy a private helicopter trip to the Orkney Islands to see the Neolithic artefacts
When to go:
From $125,000 pp
- Dine at Hentley Farm Restaurant, one of only two Relais & Chateaux restaurants in Australia
- Make your own Barossa Valley wine blend under the professional guidance of ambassador for Barossa wine and chief winemaker Andrew Quin
- Tour famous wineries such as Seppeltsfield, Wolf Blass and Jacob’s Creek
- Take a private helicopter ride over Adelaide towards McLaren Vale
- Dine on a personalised tasting menu surrounded by the beauty of McLaren Vale
When to go:
From $5,950 pp
- Explore Athens on a private guided tour, including a trip to the Acropolis
- Visit the sacred site of Delphi, home of the oracle of Apollo
- Enjoy beautiful beaches and fun activities in Mykonos
- Get a taste of Spain on a tapas tour of the Spanish capital, Madrid
- Discover the world of Gaudi in the avant-garde city of Barcelona
When to go: