- Personal Service
- Peace of Mind
High-tail it to Vakona Forest or Andasibe-Mantadia National Park to see the lemurs in action. Hear the haunting calls of the world’s largest lemur species, the Indri as you wander through the misty forest in the morning. A lemur tracking experience is not to be missed.
You won’t find a forest like this anywhere else in the world. But you may be surprised that lemurs and bird life still choose to live in this barren landscape. I joined a guide on night walk through the spiny forest and it was the most magical, surreal experience. I felt as if I’d stepped into another realm.
Step back in time 400 years and see a market filled with wooden wagon wheels, cattle, goats and deep-fried birds. This is not a market where they are touting t-shirts, this is a market where the local people want to buy their wares as they have done so for centuries.
Join a wildlife expert for a whale watching tour. You can become a marine biologist for the day and help collect data about the whales’ songs, diving length and location for a global whale data base. If you are short on time, you can also visit the whale watching tower at Manafiafy Beach and Rainforest Lodge. It gives you a great vantage point for spotting whales and looking out over the Sainte Luce area.
Foodies will want to try this pop-up Malagasy experience, where you enjoy traditional Malagasy fare al fresco. You sit on the floor and eat with your hands. If they serve you koba (a banana, vanilla bean and crunchy peanut traditional dessert that comes wrapped in a banana leaf), you’re in for a treat.
The Lightfoot Team travels to Africa at least three times a year and can recommend the best safaris and experiences. Let us help you experience Africa with a tailor-made itinerary that suits you. Enquire now!
From $10,270 pp
- Experience Madagascar’s unique wildlife, including lemurs
- Marvel at the UNESCO-listed limestone peaks in the Tsingy de Bemaraha National Park
- Witness sunset at the famous Avenue of the Baobabs
- Spot rare, endemic bird species including Appert’s greenbul, found only in the Zombitse National Park
When to go:
From $21,730 pp
- Stay in two of Madagascar’s most exclusive luxury resorts: Anjajavy and Miavana
- Witness the famous hairy crabs crossing the crab highway
- Experience Madagascar’s unique biodiversity, including lemurs, baobab trees and limestone pinnacles
- Swoop into the stunning Nosy Be Archipelago by private helicopter
- Explore Nosy Ankao’s underwater world on a Blue Safari experience
When to go:
From $7,110 pp
- Discover Spiny Forest and river views at Mandrare River Camp
- Explore coastal rainforest and beaches at Manafiafy Beach and Rainforest Lodge
- See Madagascan wildlife, including species of lemur and numerous endemic bird species
- Meet members of the Antandroy and Antanosy tribes, and learn about their customs and lifestyle
- Enjoy an excursion to Lac Anony to see greater flamingos, climb sand dunes and dip in the salty waters
When to go: