- Expertly Crafted
- Peace of Mind
While some of us may choose to throw away broken crockery, Japanese artisans choose to save it in the most glamorous way possible – by filling those cracks with gold. You too can learn the art of kintsugi and turn a damaged ceramic into an art piece. During your class you will learn the philosophy behind this unique art from and you will be able to repair your own piece of broken property that you can take home.
Next time that you throw a dinner party and your friends complement you on your glassware, you could wow them even further by telling them that you made it yourself. You can now follow in the footsteps of the artisans from Edo and learn how to make a piece of Kiriko glass. During your 90-minute class you will learn how to create the curves and grooves that help turn your piece of twinkling glassware into a mini light show.
Want to keep your Japanese holiday close to your heart, than learn how to make your own Japan Blue tee. This tie-dyed indigo buy is famous throughout the country. You will be able to hand-dye your ultimate keepsake, by dipping the fabric into buckets of dye coloured with indigo powder. You’ll find out how they manage to create those famous white marks with paper patterns, rubber bans or wax.
The art of Japanese paper making ‘washi’ is so unique it’s on the UNESCO Intangible Cultural Heritage list. Made from the inner bark of the gampi tree, mistsumata shrub or mulberry bush, this paper has been used to for origami, umbrellas and to make clothing for Shinto priests. Within an hour long class you will be given the chance to create your own piece of paper that you can then frame to take pride of place in your home.
From $10,500 pp
- Hiking in Taroko National Park
- Taking a dip in Taiwan’s famed hot springs
- Experiencing a handful of Taiwan’s iconic night markets – you will not go hungry on this trip!
- Spending a few days in the capital Taipei getting a sense of the island’s unique history
When to go:
From $3,900 pp
- Learn about the stories of Berlin during different periods
- Admire one of the most beautiful palaces is the world – Sanssouci Palace in Potsdam
- Walk the footsteps of Hitler and examine the rise of the Third Reich
- Visit the Memorial & Museum Sachsenhausen – a former concentration camp
- Travel back to the Cold War era and experience living behind the Iron Curtain
When to go:
From $7,400 pp
- Visit the highlights and pubs in Dublin
- Admire Powerscourt – one of the finest gardens in Europe
- Learn about the crystal producing in Waterford
- Driving through Ireland’s best scenery – Dingle Peninsula, Ring of Kerry, Cliff of Moher
When to go: