- Expertly Crafted
- Peace of Mind
This ode to art deco really has to be seen to be believed. This glistening confection of gold, dark wood and copper, looks like a hedonist’s Hogwarts. The magical potions that fill these shelves include 1000 different types of gin, including one that dates from 1910. However, you don’t have to wait for the sun to go down to enjoy the Atlas bar as it’s famed for its gin-inspired afternoon tea.
Walk through the door of this elegant bar and you feel as if you’re entering a 1920s speakeasy. Smaller nooks surround the lounge, which gives you a change to gossip or socialise. The adult-only Sunday Cocktail Brunch has made the Manhattan bar a fast-favourite with locals. And when you see the Bloody Mary Room you’ll love it too.
For a destination that would leave James Bond shaken and stirred, it would have to be Jigger & Pony in Singapore, where the door glides open with a wave of your hand. Cocktails that have made sure that it remains high on the best bar list include the spicy Rice Martini and the Williams Cooler, a fruity Williams pear cocktail.
Take a trip into this subterranean bar filled with lightbulbs and bright ideas. Their inhouse wine programme features an array of unique wines, including ones created with cabbage, beetroot or rhubarb instead of vines.
This Hong Kong transplant has made its mark on the Red Dot. With interiors inspired by Hemingway’s Havana estate, the Old Man would have never gone to sea if he’d taken a look at this. But it’s not just the interiors that are creative – the mini laboratory cum bar tempts you with cocktails made of gruyere cheese, pandan yogurt and marshmallow gin.
Tucked behind a shophouse is 28 HongKong Street. Sip complex cocktails to hip hop classics. This bar doesn’t market itself on social yet has still made its mark. Exactly. Don’t forget to order the Pandan Churros.
Looking for a local tipple? Then stop by Nutmeg & Clove on Ann Siang Road. It revels in playing with Singaporean flavours. There’s Call Me Old Fashioned with pandan flavours, Gin Fizz with butterfly pea flower and Hanky Panky with Tongkat Ali bitters.
If you want to feel good about having a great night out, pull up a barstool at Native. Every inch of this eco-chic bar does its best to be sustainable – from its aprons to garden of herbs. The team is also keen foragers and you can find the results of their efforts in their creative drinks.
From $8,940 pp
- See the spectacular Highlands of Scotland
- Visit a Royal Distillery on a private tour
- Play golf at the Royal Dornoch Golf Club
- Enjoy a private helicopter trip to the Orkney Islands to see the Neolithic artefacts
When to go:
From $125,000 pp
- Dine at Hentley Farm Restaurant, one of only two Relais & Chateaux restaurants in Australia
- Make your own Barossa Valley wine blend under the professional guidance of ambassador for Barossa wine and chief winemaker Andrew Quin
- Tour famous wineries such as Seppeltsfield, Wolf Blass and Jacob’s Creek
- Take a private helicopter ride over Adelaide towards McLaren Vale
- Dine on a personalised tasting menu surrounded by the beauty of McLaren Vale
When to go:
From $5,950 pp
- Explore Athens on a private guided tour, including a trip to the Acropolis
- Visit the sacred site of Delphi, home of the oracle of Apollo
- Enjoy beautiful beaches and fun activities in Mykonos
- Get a taste of Spain on a tapas tour of the Spanish capital, Madrid
- Discover the world of Gaudi in the avant-garde city of Barcelona
When to go: