- Personal Service
- Peace of Mind
I took this shot one frosty morning in the Gangtey Valley. It is one of the most beautiful spots in Bhutan. It is known as the winter home of the endangered black-necked crane. I saw the most beautiful streak of morning light hitting the temple and the surrounding traditional houses just as the mist was dispersing. It was both magical and surreal.
The Punakha Valley is famous for rice farming. They grow both red and white rice along the river banks of two of the most famous rivers in Bhutan – Pho and Mo Chhu. This is also the home to the Fertility Temple. I took this picture because I love the back light and smoke in the background. It gives the shot a dreamy and surrealistic look.
I snapped these Bhutanese children near the Chimi Lhakhang Temple while they were walking home after school. There were busy snacking on a fried rice puffy rice ball, which is one of the local delights. The children walk for hours to reach home. I love the smoky effect at the background, it creates depth and layers to the picture.
I took this shot of the Tiger’s Nest Monastery, also known as Paro Takstang, at noon. I love the afternoon light against the white architecture and the fact that it is all framed by the blue-tinged forest on the background. It was also a memorable shot for me because I had to do a few hours’ trekking to get there. But it was more than worth it. You can’t visit Bhutan without trekking to the Tiger’s Nest.
From $3,500 pp
- Potter through bustling Amman with its vibrant neighbourhoods and historic sites
- Take in magnificent Petra, marvelling at sites such as The Treasury, Monastery and High Place of Sacrifice
- Spend the night in a luxury camp deep within the Wadi Rum
- Slather yourself with mud and go for a float in the Dead Sea
When to go:
From $2,500 pp
- Visit magnificent Petra and give the kids a history lesson in archaeology, history and exploration
- Go on a family camel ride and let the kids scramble over the unique rock formations in the Wadi Rum
- Slather yourself with mud and go for a float in the Dead Sea before enjoying the multiple hotel pools
When to go:
From $5,610 pp
- Whiz through Lapland on a snowmobile to visit a reindeer farm
- See Finland’s winter scenery from the back of a sleigh and meet excited husky dogs
- Try ice-karting and make friends with some Finnish polar bears
- Stay in a cosy glass igloo offering potential views of the Northern Lights
- Get the chance to meet Father Christmas and his cheeky elves!
When to go: