- Personal Service
- Peace of Mind
From the moment the helicopter flies along the Na Pali Coast and lands at the base of Manawaiopuna Falls, you will want to visit Hawaii. Filmed on the islands of Kauai and Oahu, the tropical islands guaranteed a Hollywood-worthy backdrop. If you are not hiding behind a cushion when the dinosaurs break free of Jurassic Park and create havoc on the Richard Attenborough’s island, you will be treated to view of the Olokele Valley and the Kapa’a Stream. DO Channel the film and take a helicopter ride over the archipelago.
A River Runs Through it, Montana
Robert Redford brought this great American novel to the big screen that tells the story of a family who were never late for church, work and fishing. As you follow the two boys as they grow into men you are shown breathtaking views of Montana. DO Try your hand at fly fishing at Paws Up in Montana. This luxury ranch set within 37,000 acres of unspoilt wilderness is designed to help you get away from it all and experience the quieter life.
La La Land, Los Angeles
This Emma Stone and Ryan Gosling flick is the ultimate love letter to Los Angeles. We are taken on a whirlwind tour of the City of Angels as this young couple attempt to make it big in Hollywood. From Griffith Park, to Grand Central Market to Chateau Marmont, you will go la la for this land as well. DO: Have your own movie moment and go paddleboarding in Marina Del Ray before you have lunch at the iconic Shutters on the Beach and then head into the Hollywood Hills and get your own shot of the sign.
Escape from Alcatraz - San Francisco
It was seen as the world’s most secure prison – no man could escape the rock. But that was until Cliff Eastwood set his sights on returning to shore in Escape From Alcatraz. This 70s movie tells the tale of three prisoners who decide to break out of the home of Al Capone. DO: Take a tour of the prison and find out how it went from housing Al Capone to being taken back by Native Americans. If you’re still wondering whether they made the crossing, you can try your own Escape From Alcatraz swim and take on the currents of San Francisco Bay with a Coast Guard Certified Boat Captain and guide shadowing you in a private boat.
George Clooney, Brad Pitt and Matt Damon joined together for a timeless caper in Las Vegas. The aim was to take down Andy Garcia’s casino. A remake of the Frank Sinatra classic, it sported just as many sharp suits, wise cracks and spinning roulette wheels. DO: Enjoy the dazzling lights of Vegas then take a helicopter ride out to the Grand Canyon and sip a glass of champagne looking over one of the Seven Wonders of the World.
The Lightfoot Team travels to the USA at least once a year and can recommend only the best properties, restaurants and other little hidden finds. Let us help you experience the USA with a tailor-made itinerary that suits you. Enquire now!
From $13,400 pp
- Sail around the Russian High Arctic in luxury with all modern comforts onboard Sea Spirit
- Experience a true expedition cruise to the rarely visited Franz Josef Land archipelago
- Visit a soviet-era research facility, once a base for polar exploration
- Look out for colonies of nesting seabirds on the rugged, steep cliffs of the islands
- Spot polar bears, walrus and endangered bowhead whales around the archipelago
When to go:
From $9,000 pp
- Search for polar bears hunting seals in the pack ice on an arctic safari
- Explore historical sites including early whaling camps, trappers’ cabins, deserted coal mining operations, and an abandoned polar research station
- Sea kayaking near tidewater glaciers and icebergs
- Look out for humpback whales from the outdoor decks
- Take advantage of the included photography program and learn alongside the onboard expert
When to go:
From $3,500 pp
- Potter through bustling Amman with its vibrant neighbourhoods and historic sites
- Take in magnificent Petra, marvelling at sites such as The Treasury, Monastery and High Place of Sacrifice
- Spend the night in a luxury camp deep within the Wadi Rum
- Slather yourself with mud and go for a float in the Dead Sea
When to go: