- Expertly Crafted
- Peace of Mind
Serious cyclists can have lots of fun in the mountainous region of Albi. If you are not ready to clock up the km, you can enjoy some of the nourishing local dishes and vintages that can be found in the area. You also might want to park your ride outside of the Musee Toulouse-Lautrec and find out more about Albi’s famous son.
You can follow in the bike tracks of your Tour De France heroes and take in the slopes of the Vosges mountains or if you want to take life at a slower place you can follow one of the numerous bike paths around this picturesque medieval city. You can also catch a ride on one of the flat bottomed boats that glide around the waterways of Petite Venice.
From its twin-tiered amphitheatre built around 100BC to Carre d’Art museum created by Sir Norman Foster, the French city is sure to excite any architectural-loving enthusiast. And foodies aren’t forgotten either. Nimes is also home to Perrier – which has its natural springs 13km southwest of Nimes and Les Halles, a covered market featuring 100 stalls filled with homegrown produce, including the famed picholines olives.
You might have missed out on the yellow jersey, but you’ll feel as if you’re a winner when you touch down in the City Of Lights. Ride through the Latin Quarter, past the Louvre, Musee D’Orsey, Champs-Elysees and Eiffel Tower. Want to take in the views from the top of the Eiffel Tower? Ask for your Lightfoot Travel Designer to book a skip-the-line ticket for you. Then take enjoy a tipple or two as you take a cruise along the River Seine.
For a bike ride with a difference enjoy a cycling tour of the Champagne region. You can tour the UNESCO-classified vineyards of champagne, learn about the history of Dom Perignon and sample a few bubbles enroute. If you are concerned that your peddling technique might start to suffer, you can also enjoy the same journey at e-bikes.
From $10,500 pp
- Hiking in Taroko National Park
- Taking a dip in Taiwan’s famed hot springs
- Experiencing a handful of Taiwan’s iconic night markets – you will not go hungry on this trip!
- Spending a few days in the capital Taipei getting a sense of the island’s unique history
When to go:
From $14,300 pp
- Sail around the Russian High Arctic in luxury with all modern comforts onboard Sea Spirit
- Experience a true expedition cruise to the rarely visited Franz Josef Land archipelago
- Visit a soviet-era research facility, once a base for polar exploration
- Look out for colonies of nesting seabirds on the rugged, steep cliffs of the islands
- Spot polar bears, walrus and endangered bowhead whales around the archipelago
When to go:
From $7,500 pp
- A camping trek through some of the most remote parts of Mongolia, the western Altai Mountains
- Meeting the famed eagle hunters and staying alongside a host family
- Exploring some of the most beautiful parts of Mongolia’s heartland, including the stunning Orkhon Valley
- Spending the night in Mandala Mongolia – the most luxurious and intimate accommodation available in the country
When to go: