- Expertly Crafted
- Peace of Mind
Pull on your hiking boots and go for a trek through the jungle with an unusual tour guide. Two pachyderms will lead you through the teak and bamboo-filled forest to a secret waterfall. They will slowly and steadily make their way through the jungle. But you will need to help them carb load with a bucket of bananas first.
Gourmet food addicts should visit the Buffalo Dairy Farm in Luang Prabang. This sustainable farm uses the milk from its herd of buffalos to create buffalo mozzarella and ice cream. They will even let you try your hand at milking a buffalo too.
Set sail on the Mekong to discover some of Laos’ most endangered creatures – the Irrawaddy dolphins. As opposed to the more well-known bottle nosed and spinner dolphins, the Irrawaddy dolphins come with a short beak. There are just a handful of pods left in the river. While the Lao people consider them to be sacred, gill fishing nets along the river have proved to be the dolphins downfall.
Go trekking through the Nam Et-Phou Louey National Protected Area to spy some of the country’s most beautiful and endangered creatures. Spy gibbons, tigers and even clouded leopards. Any money raised from the treks goes back to conservation work at the reserve.
From $14,300 pp
- Sail around the Russian High Arctic in luxury with all modern comforts onboard Sea Spirit
- Experience a true expedition cruise to the rarely visited Franz Josef Land archipelago
- Visit a soviet-era research facility, once a base for polar exploration
- Look out for colonies of nesting seabirds on the rugged, steep cliffs of the islands
- Spot polar bears, walrus and endangered bowhead whales around the archipelago
When to go:
From $8,500 pp
- Search for polar bears hunting seals in the pack ice on an arctic safari
- Explore historical sites including early whaling camps, trappers’ cabins, deserted coal mining operations, and an abandoned polar research station
- Sea kayaking near tidewater glaciers and icebergs
- Look out for humpback whales from the outdoor decks
- Take advantage of the included photography program and learn alongside the onboard expert
When to go:
From $7,000 pp
- Living alongside a nomadic eagle hunting family and learning about their age-old traditions and ways of life
- Attending the annual Ulgii Eagle Hunting Festival and getting caught up in the excitement of this event which locals spend their lives training for
- Experiencing a less mainstream part of the country and really getting off the beaten track
When to go: