- Expertly Crafted
- Peace of Mind
Looking for a city break? But want to think a little greener? Then head to Cape Town. Breathe in that fresh mountain air with a hike up Table Mountain, stop for lunch at the Oude Molen Eco Village, which comes with its own organic garden, stables and farm café, and catch an eco-friendly Green Cab home. Still don’t feel as if you’ve done enough? Then why not plant a tree with the volunteers at Green Pop? It offers weekly planting sessions as well the annual Reforest Fest for families at a nearby national park. Stay: Table Bay Hotel. Mum and dad can take in the breathtaking views of the V&A Waterfront and Table Mountain from the rooftop pool, while the kids have fun learning African crafts and making some noise with African Instruments at Oscar’s Kids Club.
This is one unforgettable trip that has wildlife and stunning scenery galore. Tour the rainforest and coral reefs of Costa Rica’s wild Osa Peninsular. Go horseback riding at Rancho Tropical Farm, join the rainforest ridge walk or take to the water and spy your favourite mammals on the Golfo Dulce Dolphin tour. Stay: Lapa Rios. This award-winning eco lodge is set on 1,000 acre private nature reserve that’s home to monkeys, toucans and jaguars. Kick back in one of 17 lodges that look out over the Pacific Ocean. Join one of their guides on a walk through the forest.
Make your way to Rotorua on New Zealand’s North Island and you’ll find an array of eco family adventures. There’s hot springs at Waimangu, vast nature reserves around Lake Rotomahana and you can whizz through the forest canopy on a zip line with Rotorua Canopy Tours. If you have time, you should also check out the Kiwi Encounter at Rainbow Springs Nature Park. It offers behind-the-scenes tour of a working kiwi bird nursery to learn about all the stages a kiwi chick goes through before it is released into the wild. Stay: The Regent of Rotorua. Kids can make a splash in the heated outdoor swimming pool, while parents ease their muscles in the indoor thermal mineral pool.
From the Amazon Rainforest to the Andes Mountains the views that you are treated to in Ecuador are hard to beat. But if you really want to see something special, take a trip to the Galapagos Islands. The volcanic islands that inspired Darwin are home to creatures that you will see nowhere else on Earth. We’re talking blue-footed boobys, marine iguanas and flightless cormorants. And of course, there’s also the giant tortoises. Stay: The Galapagos Safari Camp. Kick back in one of the nine luxe tents or go on walking safaris, boat cruises or snorkelling trip with sea lions. The camp will also arrange plenty of kids activities such as treasure hunts in the jungle.
From $4,500 pp
- The kids will love the experience of sleeping in traditional Mongolian felt tents, or ‘gers’
- Whether it’s horse back riding or walking, get the kids out in nature and being active all throughout this holiday
- Learn about Mongolian culture first hand by staying alongside a nomadic host family, helping them with their daily chores and letting the kids play and interact with the host children
When to go:
From $7,400 pp
- Visit the highlights and pubs in Dublin
- Admire Powerscourt – one of the finest gardens in Europe
- Learn about the crystal producing in Waterford
- Driving through Ireland’s best scenery – Dingle Peninsula, Ring of Kerry, Cliff of Moher
When to go:
From $4,980 pp
- See ancient mummies at the famed Egyptian Museum
- Crawl through the tombs in the Great Pyramid of Cheops
- Go camel riding through the desert
- Sail down the Nile aboard your luxury cruise, with activities for the whole family
- Enjoy relaxation by the Red Sea after plenty of learning and exploration
When to go: