- Expertly Crafted
- Peace of Mind
It’s time to get your hands dirty at Grootbos Nature Reserve and plant a tree within the South African landscape. The team will also give you the chance to meet entrepreneurs from the local community who are carving out a horticultural career for themselves. Grootbos also supports Pack With A Purpose scheme, so if you wish to take any pens or pencils with you they will be used at the Grootbos Foundations summer school.
Join the Save the Rhino team as they hurtle across the landscape to track the desert-adapted black rhinos living in Namibia. And along the way you will get to see some of the other creatures that have made this wilderness their home.
Join the rangers at the Phinda Private Game Reserve as they monitor and track the elephant herds in the reserve. A veterinary team will take to the skies in a helicopter to search for one of the herds, while you follow in a 4WD vehicle. Once the elephant is located and anaesthetised you will be able to help change the elephant’s collar, which help protects the pachyderm from poachers.
Visitors to Vamizi Island can help protect the wildlife with the Oceans Without Borders team. You can spend the day looking for turtles and turtle nests, then snorkel or scuba dive with the team and help survey the reef. If you’re an early riser, you can also join the conservationists on a fish tagging expedition in Mozambique, then relax with a castaways picnic on a deserted beach.
If you want to know more about any of the destinations featured, speak to one of our Travel Designers today. Enquire now!
From $14,300 pp
- Sail around the Russian High Arctic in luxury with all modern comforts onboard Sea Spirit
- Experience a true expedition cruise to the rarely visited Franz Josef Land archipelago
- Visit a soviet-era research facility, once a base for polar exploration
- Look out for colonies of nesting seabirds on the rugged, steep cliffs of the islands
- Spot polar bears, walrus and endangered bowhead whales around the archipelago
When to go:
From $8,500 pp
- Search for polar bears hunting seals in the pack ice on an arctic safari
- Explore historical sites including early whaling camps, trappers’ cabins, deserted coal mining operations, and an abandoned polar research station
- Sea kayaking near tidewater glaciers and icebergs
- Look out for humpback whales from the outdoor decks
- Take advantage of the included photography program and learn alongside the onboard expert
When to go:
From $7,000 pp
- Living alongside a nomadic eagle hunting family and learning about their age-old traditions and ways of life
- Attending the annual Ulgii Eagle Hunting Festival and getting caught up in the excitement of this event which locals spend their lives training for
- Experiencing a less mainstream part of the country and really getting off the beaten track
When to go: