- Personal Service
- Peace of Mind
Zhangjiajie’s mountain range is set to become even more dramatic thanks to Martin Duplantier Architects who are set to build a glass bridge that stretches between the famed rock faces. The team who won a competition to create a new showstopping attraction for the Hunan province chose to create an “illusionist development” that would leave guests astounded. This will be the second glass attraction in the area that inspired the film Avatar. The first is the world’s highest and longest glass bridge that was launched in August 2016. The new tourist attraction comprises a bridge, terrace, cafes and guest house the new development is expected to be completed in 2018.
3 MORE SEE-THROUGH ATTRACTIONS
1 Skyslide, Los Angeles, USA
A 45ft glass slide will whisk you from the 70th to the 69th floor of the US Bank Tower in the City of Angels. The glass is just 2.5cm thick and is designed to glass withstand earthquakes.
2 Zhangjiajie Grand Canyon Glass Bridge, Zhangjiajie, China
The world’s highest and longest glass bottom bridge was opened in the National Park in August last year. They had to close after 13 days due to update the car parks and ticket booking system in order to handle the influx of visitors.
3 Coiling Dragon Path, Yuntai Mountain, China
This glass walkway that wraps around the Yuntai Mountain hit the press in October 2015 when a student dropped a mug on the walkway and smashed one of the panes of glass.
From $3,500 pp
- Potter through bustling Amman with its vibrant neighbourhoods and historic sites
- Take in magnificent Petra, marvelling at sites such as The Treasury, Monastery and High Place of Sacrifice
- Spend the night in a luxury camp deep within the Wadi Rum
- Slather yourself with mud and go for a float in the Dead Sea
When to go:
From $2,500 pp
- Visit magnificent Petra and give the kids a history lesson in archaeology, history and exploration
- Go on a family camel ride and let the kids scramble over the unique rock formations in the Wadi Rum
- Slather yourself with mud and go for a float in the Dead Sea before enjoying the multiple hotel pools
When to go:
From $5,610 pp
- Whiz through Lapland on a snowmobile to visit a reindeer farm
- See Finland’s winter scenery from the back of a sleigh and meet excited husky dogs
- Try ice-karting and make friends with some Finnish polar bears
- Stay in a cosy glass igloo offering potential views of the Northern Lights
- Get the chance to meet Father Christmas and his cheeky elves!
When to go: