- Personal Service
- Peace of Mind
If you go down to the breakfast table today, you’re sure to be in for a big surprise. For if you take a seat near the window at the Giraffe Manor in Kenya, you’ll be sharing breakfast with one of its four-legged residents. Each morning, the hotel’s cheeky giraffes will pop their heads through the window to grab a snack.
If anything is going to tear you away from Jack’s Camp glampsite in Botswana, it’s knowing that there’s a meerkat family on your doorstep. When the sun comes up, so do the meerkats and they will clamber to the top of their sandy burrow to look out for potential predators. When you arrive, don’t be surprised if they clamber on top of you too to get a better vantage point.
The Lion King fans should visit Loisaba Tented Camp in Kenya. Here they can join one of the rangers on an expedition into the bush and help track the lions. The lions have been fitted with radio collars, so kids can help the ranger check on the progress of the creatures who have made the park their home.
Get a bird’s eye view of Africa by enjoying a hot air balloon ride across the Masai Mara. During the 60-minute flight you will have the chance to float above the plains, forest and rivers of Kenya. If you are lucky you might be able to spot hippos and crocodiles en-route before you take a 4WD ride back to the Governors Camp.
Let your tween feel like an explorer of old by taking a canoeing trip along the upper Zambezi River in Zambia. Here they will be able to spy the exotic wildlife as they paddle along the waterway and follow in the footsteps of Livingstone and pals. Younger kids can see the same sights from the comfort of one of the river boats.
From $4,980 pp
- See ancient mummies at the famed Egyptian Museum
- Crawl through the tombs in the Great Pyramid of Cheops
- Go camel riding through the desert
- Sail down the Nile aboard your luxury cruise, with activities for the whole family
- Enjoy relaxation by the Red Sea after plenty of learning and exploration
When to go:
From $2,600 pp
- Explore the majestic architecture of the ancient Silk Road towns from Emir’s Summer Palace in Bukhara to the stunning turquoise domes of Khiva
- Drive through the dunes of the Kyzyk Kum Desert
- Shuffle past local vendors and baskets overflowing with colourful spices in the bazaars
- Experience the splendour of the towering Mausoleums and Mosques dating back to the12th century which are adorned with glazed coloured tiles which glow in the sunlight
When to go:
From $3,000 pp
- Visit three of the Loire Valley’s most beautiful castles: Chateau Chambord, Chateau d’Amboise and Chateau Chenonceau
- Enjoy dinner and a wine tasting at Chateau d’Amboise
- Explore the UNESCO-listed site of Mont Saint-Michel
- Discover Monet’s home in Giverny and visit the Impressionist Museum
- Cruise along the River Seine, Paris, on a private yacht
When to go: