- Expertly Crafted
- Peace of Mind
For an early morning alarm call with a difference, book into Giraffe Manor. It’s not unusual for these four-legged creatures to poke their long necks through the window and try to pinch your breakfast. If you can eat your croissant faster than they do, you can always feed them later in the garden.
In the dunes of the Liwa desert you’ll find the mini oasis that is Qasr Al Sarab by Anantara. Sand gazelles and Arabian oryx roam across the landscape around the hotel. You have the chance to spy them and more when you join the rangers for Sunrise or Sunset Walks.
Abu Camp doesn’t just come with one elephant – it comes with a herd. During your stay you are able to become one of the herd and join the pachyderms as they wander through the bush and forage for breakfast. You can also take part in giving them a mud bath and helping the vet team with their tasks. The resort also comes with a viewing platform that the elephants like to hang out by.
Walk along the beach of the Shangri-La Rasa Ria to reach the resort’s own orangutan sanctuary. Baby orangutans who need some TLC come to this rescue centre before being released back into the wild. It’s a great way for kids to have their first wildlife experience as they can also join the ranger team as junior rangers.
From $14,300 pp
- Sail around the Russian High Arctic in luxury with all modern comforts onboard Sea Spirit
- Experience a true expedition cruise to the rarely visited Franz Josef Land archipelago
- Visit a soviet-era research facility, once a base for polar exploration
- Look out for colonies of nesting seabirds on the rugged, steep cliffs of the islands
- Spot polar bears, walrus and endangered bowhead whales around the archipelago
When to go:
From $8,500 pp
- Search for polar bears hunting seals in the pack ice on an arctic safari
- Explore historical sites including early whaling camps, trappers’ cabins, deserted coal mining operations, and an abandoned polar research station
- Sea kayaking near tidewater glaciers and icebergs
- Look out for humpback whales from the outdoor decks
- Take advantage of the included photography program and learn alongside the onboard expert
When to go:
From $7,000 pp
- Living alongside a nomadic eagle hunting family and learning about their age-old traditions and ways of life
- Attending the annual Ulgii Eagle Hunting Festival and getting caught up in the excitement of this event which locals spend their lives training for
- Experiencing a less mainstream part of the country and really getting off the beaten track
When to go: