- Expertly Crafted
- Peace of Mind
South Africa is home to the Big Five (buffalo, elephant, cheetah, rhino and lion) and home to one of the chicest resorts around – Kwandwe Ecca Lodge. Each family villa comes with private plunge pools to cool off in when the temperature starts to rise, funky beanbags for kids to kick back in, your own ranger and a 4WD. Kids can head out on safari or sign up for the Stripes & Hooves adventure where they get to spy some of Small Five, including monkeys, warthogs, giraffes and zebras. The rest of their time they will be busy hitting the Bugs & Bones trail using their animal spotting kit that they got on arrival, learning how to do beading and listening to African bedtime stories.
Head to Gibb’s Farm in Tanzania, where you’ll find 17 cottages scattered around a former 1920s coffee plantation that overlooks the Ngorongoro Forest. These cosy cottages provide the perfect base for your African adventure. Kids can enjoy spending time on the farm feeding the animals, on they can head to the elephant caves, waterfalls and they can even visit a local school. This is even before they’ve headed out on safari to see buffalo, bushbuck, waterbuck and baboons.
Run by parents for parents, Madikwe Lelapa Lodge in South Africa knows how to make sure that all members of the family are having a great time. From the moment you touch down at the lodge kids will be able to sign up for an array of activities including family safari drives, Bug CSI, spotting animals tracks and learning more about nature in the purpose-built eco centre. And if they are tuckered out after all these mini adventures, they can just kick back with mum and dad and enjoy a spot of stargazing
The Bedouin-style Somalisa Acacia Camp in Zimbabwe is perfect for families. Older kids who don’t want to hang out with the ‘rents will be happy to know that they get their own separate suite when you book the family tent. And you don’t have to worry about not seeing any wildlife as this cosy camp comes with its own watering hole, which is loved by passing elephant herds. But keep your camera at the ready, because Hwange National Park is also home to zebra, giraffe, lion and leopard.
From $14,300 pp
- Sail around the Russian High Arctic in luxury with all modern comforts onboard Sea Spirit
- Experience a true expedition cruise to the rarely visited Franz Josef Land archipelago
- Visit a soviet-era research facility, once a base for polar exploration
- Look out for colonies of nesting seabirds on the rugged, steep cliffs of the islands
- Spot polar bears, walrus and endangered bowhead whales around the archipelago
When to go:
From $7,500 pp
- A camping trek through some of the most remote parts of Mongolia, the western Altai Mountains
- Meeting the famed eagle hunters and staying alongside a host family
- Exploring some of the most beautiful parts of Mongolia’s heartland, including the stunning Orkhon Valley
- Spending the night in Mandala Mongolia – the most luxurious and intimate accommodation available in the country
When to go:
From $4,500 pp
- The kids will love the experience of sleeping in traditional Mongolian felt tents, or ‘gers’
- Whether it’s horse back riding or walking, get the kids out in nature and being active all throughout this holiday
- Learn about Mongolian culture first hand by staying alongside a nomadic host family, helping them with their daily chores and letting the kids play and interact with the host children
When to go: