- Expertly Crafted
- Peace of Mind
This rainforest hideaway that’s set by the beach is a short drive from the Ernie Els Club. Winner of the World’s Best Golf Course, the club features not one, but three courses. After playing a round or two, you can then book a massage in the Datai’s spa, hidden amongst the sea hibiscus trees.
You don’t need to go far to catch a wave at Niyama in the Maldives – it has its own surf break. No surprise that it attracts pro surfers from around the world.
Angama Mara, Kenya
Angama Mara guarantees a running experience that you will never forget. You can join the lodge’s running club on its training route that takes them along the edge of the Great Rift Valley. Kenya is renowned for producing some of the world’s top middle and long-distance runners. Here you can get the lowdown on some of their championship techniques.
Little Nell, USA
Aspen’s only ski-in, ski-out hotel could easily rest on its powdery white laurels. But it offers so much more, including a Ski Concierge who will make sure that your boots are warm and your skis are waxed so that you can have a memorable day on the snow. You also have the chance to join the Snow Patrol and do the first sweep of the mountain. First tracks? Don’t mind if we do.
Carlisle Bay, Antigua
The only thing that will put you off your game when you come to Carlisle Bay is the view. Apart from that you have nine tennis to hone your serve on, including three tennis courts. Tennis pro Ken Gonsalves also offers complimentary tennis clinics. Move aside Serena.
From $14,300 pp
- Sail around the Russian High Arctic in luxury with all modern comforts onboard Sea Spirit
- Experience a true expedition cruise to the rarely visited Franz Josef Land archipelago
- Visit a soviet-era research facility, once a base for polar exploration
- Look out for colonies of nesting seabirds on the rugged, steep cliffs of the islands
- Spot polar bears, walrus and endangered bowhead whales around the archipelago
When to go:
From $9,500 pp
- Scrambling up the towering Khongoryn Els sand dunes for a glorious sunset and then sliding back down
- Riding camels with an authentic nomadic camel breeder in the Gobi Desert
- Staying at the luxurious Three Camel Lodge
- Horse riding through the forest to the seldom-visited Tovkhon Monastery
- Spending the night in your own bespoke ensuite luxury ger that has been set up in the wilderness just for you
When to go:
From $14,440 pp
- See the enormous colonies of King penguins, elephant seals and fur seals found on South Georgia's beaches
- Renowned for its explorer history, visit the grave or Ernest Shackleton at Grytviken
- Incredible birding, South Georgia is home to 100 million sea birds including Albatross, petrels and penguins
- The Falkland Island offers great history and wildlife viewing opportunities
- The pristine Antarctica peninsula caps off this true expedition voyage
When to go: