- Expertly Crafted
- Peace of Mind
The team who created the celebrity favourite North Island are set to wow guests again with Time + Tide Miavana in Madagascar. It is the epitome of castaway luxury. Spend the day snorkelling amongst the coral reefs, lemur trekking or taking helicopter excursions to nearby nature reserves. Then spend the night spoiling your tastebuds with fine-dining dishes that can be served to you in the privacy of your beachfront villa or under the stars in the resort’s chic piazza.
On the banks of the Mandrare River you’ll find the eponymous Mandrare River Camp. While you can enjoy panoramic views of the scenery from your tent, you must venture out. For if you do manage to leave your idyllic suite you will be able discover the “Rue de Baobabs” , a smaller, yet more private version of the baobab grove in west Madagascar.
Nature lovers will want to book into the Anjajavy on The Peninsula of Anjajavy. Leave your luggage at one of the rosewood Sakalava-style villas, then venture out into the nature reserve to see giant tortoises, a cave filled with underground world of stalagmites and stalactites, hairy crabs, baobab trees and the famed Giant’s Causeway with its photogenic limestone columns.
If you book into the Manafiafy Beach and Rainforest Lodge, you might need to pinch yourself to check that it’s real. Walk along empty palm-fringed beaches, climb a watchtower to see humpback whales, and dine under the stars on crayfish, oysters and mussels that you have seen the local fishermen upload that morning from their hand-carved boats.
At the Masoala Forest Lodge you can relax on your terrace, enjoy a treatment at the spa or burn a few calories trekking or kayaking through the Masoala National Park. They resort also celebrates hyperlocal food where they often you a pop-up dining experience where they serve you traditional Malagasy fare, Madagascan style.
The Lightfoot Team travels to Africa at least three times a year and can recommend the best safaris and experiences. Let us help you experience Africa with a tailor-made itinerary that suits you. Enquire now!
From $10,270 pp
- Experience Madagascar’s unique wildlife, including lemurs
- Marvel at the UNESCO-listed limestone peaks in the Tsingy de Bemaraha National Park
- Witness sunset at the famous Avenue of the Baobabs
- Spot rare, endemic bird species including Appert’s greenbul, found only in the Zombitse National Park
When to go:
From $21,730 pp
- Stay in two of Madagascar’s most exclusive luxury resorts: Anjajavy and Miavana
- Witness the famous hairy crabs crossing the crab highway
- Experience Madagascar’s unique biodiversity, including lemurs, baobab trees and limestone pinnacles
- Swoop into the stunning Nosy Be Archipelago by private helicopter
- Explore Nosy Ankao’s underwater world on a Blue Safari experience
When to go:
From $7,110 pp
- Discover Spiny Forest and river views at Mandrare River Camp
- Explore coastal rainforest and beaches at Manafiafy Beach and Rainforest Lodge
- See Madagascan wildlife, including species of lemur and numerous endemic bird species
- Meet members of the Antandroy and Antanosy tribes, and learn about their customs and lifestyle
- Enjoy an excursion to Lac Anony to see greater flamingos, climb sand dunes and dip in the salty waters
When to go: