- Personal Service
- Peace of Mind
The first dinosaur eggs were found in the Gobi Desert in the 1920s. Dinosaur fossils can still be seen protruding out of the ground. Bayanzay is the place to live out your Jurassic Park fantasies and go fossil hunting in Mongolia.
Saddle up and ride out across the dunes on the desert’s most famous 4x4. If you book into Qasr Al Sarab in Abu Dhabi, she can join a camel caravan at sunset.
Discover the world’s most famous monolith by Segway. Go for a whirl around the Red Centre and discover waterholes, ancient caves and learn more about aboriginal culture along the way. It’s perfect for kids who want to see as much as possible before they go home. Aged 12 and above.
If you’re looking for adventure, ask your Lightfoot Travel Designer to book an airstream trailer for you on the Uyuni Salt Flats. Your space-age hideaway looks at home on this glistening moonscape.
If you want to see an elephant fly, you don’t have to wait to watch Dumbo on the big screen, you can head to the Balloon Fiesta in Albuquerque. Here hundreds of colourful balloons will take to the skies, while bands and artists entertain the crowds below. But if you want to take to the skies, you can also have the chance to do that too.
From $4,980 pp
- See ancient mummies at the famed Egyptian Museum
- Crawl through the tombs in the Great Pyramid of Cheops
- Go camel riding through the desert
- Sail down the Nile aboard your luxury cruise, with activities for the whole family
- Enjoy relaxation by the Red Sea after plenty of learning and exploration
When to go:
From $2,600 pp
- Explore the majestic architecture of the ancient Silk Road towns from Emir’s Summer Palace in Bukhara to the stunning turquoise domes of Khiva
- Drive through the dunes of the Kyzyk Kum Desert
- Shuffle past local vendors and baskets overflowing with colourful spices in the bazaars
- Experience the splendour of the towering Mausoleums and Mosques dating back to the12th century which are adorned with glazed coloured tiles which glow in the sunlight
When to go:
From $3,000 pp
- Visit three of the Loire Valley’s most beautiful castles: Chateau Chambord, Chateau d’Amboise and Chateau Chenonceau
- Enjoy dinner and a wine tasting at Chateau d’Amboise
- Explore the UNESCO-listed site of Mont Saint-Michel
- Discover Monet’s home in Giverny and visit the Impressionist Museum
- Cruise along the River Seine, Paris, on a private yacht
When to go: