- Personal Service
- Peace of Mind
Just because you have some tots in tow it doesn’t mean that you need to avoid cool hotels at all costs. Book one of these glamorous kid-friendly getaways
THE ONE WITH A FARM - Six Senses Yao Noi, Phuket
This island hideaway will provide hours of fun for your little ones – whether they’re having fun on the farm, collecting eggs for breakfast; going on a tuk tuk village tour or tucking into the complimentary homemade ice cream.Mum and dad can enjoy a little pampering at the spa. And the whole family can have fun, island hopping by longtail boat, going on nature bike rides and watching movies on the beach at Six Senses Yao Noi.
THE ONE WITH A THREE-TIERED POOL - Amankila, Bali
This year Amankila notches up 25 years of welcoming travellers to Bali, which means that it has got it down to a fine art. From the moment you touch down, they team will whisk you to your limo, switch on the Wifi so that the kids can watch Dora the Explorer and they will take you to your treetop villa where the family can relax around their own private pool. However, you will want to venture out to enjoy Amankila’s three-tier pool; go snorkelling or enjoy a little temple hopping too.
THE ONE WITH ELEPHANTS - Anantara Golden Triangle, Thailand
It’s a good job that the Anantara Golden Triangle has launched a Family Suite because no one will want to miss out on this trip. Leave your luggage in the suite that overlooks Thailand, Laos and Myanmar – yes, it’s that big. And then go for a walk with the elephants. Yes, really. Once your kids meet these gentle giants, you’ll find it hard to tear them away. So it’s good that you’re also allowed to enjoy a private dining experience in the onsite baby elephant camp.
THE ONE THAT’S A PRIVATE ISLAND - Laucala Island, Fiji
Let your kids leave out their Robinson Crusoe fantasies with a break on a private island. They can go for hikes through the rainforest, kayak along the coast line and go snorkelling over the reef. Laucala Island also comes with a Kids Club so there is no fear of them being bored, as they can also learn how to make soap in the spa and join the chefs in the kitchen for a cooking lesson.
THE ONE IN THE DESERT - Tierra Atacama, Chile
This super chic hotel designed by some of Chile’s leading designers is just ripe for a desert adventure. Kids will love it for all the outdoor activities (deep breath now – salt pan driving, horse riding, bird watching, volcano trekking, star gazing…) and parents will love it for the fact that they can enjoy a soak in a private hot tub with a pisco sour.
From $3,500 pp
- Potter through bustling Amman with its vibrant neighbourhoods and historic sites
- Take in magnificent Petra, marvelling at sites such as The Treasury, Monastery and High Place of Sacrifice
- Spend the night in a luxury camp deep within the Wadi Rum
- Slather yourself with mud and go for a float in the Dead Sea
From $5,610 pp
- Whiz through Lapland on a snowmobile to visit a reindeer farm
- See Finland’s winter scenery from the back of a sleigh and meet excited husky dogs
- Try ice-karting and make friends with some Finnish polar bears
- Stay in a cosy glass igloo offering potential views of the Northern Lights
- Get the chance to meet Father Christmas and his cheeky elves!
From $125,000 pp
- Dine at Hentley Farm Restaurant, one of only two Relais & Chateaux restaurants in Australia
- Make your own Barossa Valley wine blend under the professional guidance of ambassador for Barossa wine and chief winemaker Andrew Quin
- Tour famous wineries such as Seppeltsfield, Wolf Blass and Jacob’s Creek
- Take a private helicopter ride over Adelaide towards McLaren Vale
- Dine on a personalised tasting menu surrounded by the beauty of McLaren Vale
Destinations Featured in the Article
Choose Lightfoot Travel