- Personal Service
- Peace of Mind
Want to get up close and personal to the action? Then join a Samburu or Maasai warrior for a walk through the Ol Lentille reserve in Kenya. Not only will you have a chance to spy elephant herds and wild dog packs, but you will also be able to hear stories first-hand about this ancient land.
Go back in time as you take The Blue Train from Cape Town to Pretoria. Enjoy a glass of South African wine or if it takes your fancy, a Montecristo Havana cigar as the train rumbles through the vast plains. Enjoy a stop at the historic town of Matjiesfontein or if you want to add a few sparklers to your collection, the diamond-mining town or Kimberley.
You could rush back to your villa or you embrace the quiet life and sleep out under the stars. Ask your Lightfoot Travel Designer to arrange for you a true wilderness experience – a night sleeping in the bush. During the day, you will enjoy a walking safari to your pop-up camp, then you will hunker down in your sleeping bag in the bush. You will wake to fresh air and a breakfast cooked over a camp fire. Available at camps in Kenya and Tanzania.
With a land that has movie location looks, it should be no surprise that an actual Hollywood prop can be found within it shores. The biplane that took Robert Redford and Meryl Streep into the clouds during Out of Africa is now a resident at Segera Retreat in Laikipia. What’s more exciting is that you too can now enjoy a ride in the yellow biplane across the bush. Paparazzis at the ready…
From $3,500 pp
- Potter through bustling Amman with its vibrant neighbourhoods and historic sites
- Take in magnificent Petra, marvelling at sites such as The Treasury, Monastery and High Place of Sacrifice
- Spend the night in a luxury camp deep within the Wadi Rum
- Slather yourself with mud and go for a float in the Dead Sea
When to go:
From $2,500 pp
- Visit magnificent Petra and give the kids a history lesson in archaeology, history and exploration
- Go on a family camel ride and let the kids scramble over the unique rock formations in the Wadi Rum
- Slather yourself with mud and go for a float in the Dead Sea before enjoying the multiple hotel pools
When to go:
From $5,610 pp
- Whiz through Lapland on a snowmobile to visit a reindeer farm
- See Finland’s winter scenery from the back of a sleigh and meet excited husky dogs
- Try ice-karting and make friends with some Finnish polar bears
- Stay in a cosy glass igloo offering potential views of the Northern Lights
- Get the chance to meet Father Christmas and his cheeky elves!
When to go: