- Expertly Crafted
- Peace of Mind
Want to get up close and personal to the action? Then join a Samburu or Maasai warrior for a walk through the Ol Lentille reserve in Kenya. Not only will you have a chance to spy elephant herds and wild dog packs, but you will also be able to hear stories first-hand about this ancient land.
Go back in time as you take The Blue Train from Cape Town to Pretoria. Enjoy a glass of South African wine or if it takes your fancy, a Montecristo Havana cigar as the train rumbles through the vast plains. Enjoy a stop at the historic town of Matjiesfontein or if you want to add a few sparklers to your collection, the diamond-mining town or Kimberley.
You could rush back to your villa or you embrace the quiet life and sleep out under the stars. Ask your Lightfoot Travel Designer to arrange for you a true wilderness experience – a night sleeping in the bush. During the day, you will enjoy a walking safari to your pop-up camp, then you will hunker down in your sleeping bag in the bush. You will wake to fresh air and a breakfast cooked over a camp fire. Available at camps in Kenya and Tanzania.
With a land that has movie location looks, it should be no surprise that an actual Hollywood prop can be found within it shores. The biplane that took Robert Redford and Meryl Streep into the clouds during Out of Africa is now a resident at Segera Retreat in Laikipia. What’s more exciting is that you too can now enjoy a ride in the yellow biplane across the bush. Paparazzis at the ready…
From $14,300 pp
- Sail around the Russian High Arctic in luxury with all modern comforts onboard Sea Spirit
- Experience a true expedition cruise to the rarely visited Franz Josef Land archipelago
- Visit a soviet-era research facility, once a base for polar exploration
- Look out for colonies of nesting seabirds on the rugged, steep cliffs of the islands
- Spot polar bears, walrus and endangered bowhead whales around the archipelago
When to go:
From $7,500 pp
- A camping trek through some of the most remote parts of Mongolia, the western Altai Mountains
- Meeting the famed eagle hunters and staying alongside a host family
- Exploring some of the most beautiful parts of Mongolia’s heartland, including the stunning Orkhon Valley
- Spending the night in Mandala Mongolia – the most luxurious and intimate accommodation available in the country
When to go:
From $4,500 pp
- The kids will love the experience of sleeping in traditional Mongolian felt tents, or ‘gers’
- Whether it’s horse back riding or walking, get the kids out in nature and being active all throughout this holiday
- Learn about Mongolian culture first hand by staying alongside a nomadic host family, helping them with their daily chores and letting the kids play and interact with the host children
When to go: