- Revel in the excitement of Nagaland’s colourful Hornbill Festival
- Witness colourful parades, traditional music and dance performances
- Observe weird and wonderful contests, including chilli-eating and climbing greased bamboo poles
- Stay in luxurious, colonial-styles suites at the travelling Kohima Camp
- Meet the Angami tribespeople and learn about their daily lives
Curated by Harsha
Day 1 Arrival Kohima Camp
Upon arrival at the airport you’ll be escorted by car to your accommodation. The remainder of your day will be spent at leisure, before sundowners around the campfire and dinner.
Day 2 Nagaland Hornbill Festival
Spend the day enjoying the festivities of the annual Hornbill Festival, where 16 Naga tribes showcase their colourful culture, heritage and traditional arts.
You’ll observe the traditional costumes, music and dance performances, extravagant headgear, and arts and handicrafts of the state’s tribes and sub-tribes. You can also witness games and sports, from wrestling and archery to chilli-eating contests and climbing greasy bamboo poles.
After lunch you can return to the festival or visit the night bazaar to watch Naga rock bands, taste local delicacies, and watch a fashion show.
Day 3 Nagaland Hornbill Festival – Kigwema
This morning you’ll return to the Hornbill Festival for more spectacular performances, before lunch back at camp.
In the afternoon discover the old village of Kigwema, home of the Angami tribe, to explore the traditional houses and learn about their way of life.
Enjoy a final visit to the festival before dinner back at camp.
Day 4 Departure
Today you’ll be escorted to the airport for your onward journey.