- Expertly Crafted
- Peace of Mind
Leave the crowds behind and escape to these luxurious out-of-the-way retreats
The One In The Jungle
For your most unique stay yet, book into a Jungle Bubble at the Anantara Golden Triangle Elephant Camp & Resort in Chiang Rai. Your transparent suite comes with 360-degree views of the Thai countryside. The only thing blocking your view as you sip your morning coffee could be a herd of elephants who also call this part of the jungle their home. You can learn more about these incredible creatures when you join the elephants and their mahouts for a walk through the jungle.
The One By The River
Escape to the great outdoors and book a stay at The Float House River Kwai. The only way to access this shoreside sanctuary is by boat. Then once you are there, you can explore a little more by taking longtail boat rides along the river, burn calories in a canoe or walk along the river to discover the stalactite and stalagmite-filled Lawa Cave near the hotel. If you want to venture a little further you will find a place rich in history from 16th century Buddhist temples to the remains of the trails tracked by the Allied prisoners.
The One Surrounded By Paddy Fields
Watch buffaloes munch lazily on the grass in front of your villa as you look out over the paddy fields of Chiang Mai. At the Four Seasons Resort Chiang Mai you will feel light-years away from the city, which lies just on your doorstep. The green thinking hotel farm the paddy fields that provide the rich patchwork of greenery you wake up to each morning. And you can join them to try your hand at planting if you wish, and know that the rice you help grow will be served to future guests or to people in the surrounding villages.
The One On An Island
Take a speedboat to the island of Koh Kood. This island filled with fishing villages, pristine beaches and untouched jungle is where you’ll find the eco-chic getaway that is Soneva Kiri. Choose a suite, which comes with an ocean or pool view, then get ready to explore this island retreat that gives you the chance to dine among the treetops, study the stars in its onsite observatory or watch your favorite movie in its floating cinema.
From $2,730 pp
- Explore Bangkok’s beautiful temples and vibrant streets
- Learn how to create local Thai dishes in Chiang Mai with a private cookery class
- Laze on some of Phuket's best white sandy beaches
- Sample various local foods, old-style Thai coffee and Thai sweet desserts
- Visit the Thai Elephant Conservation Centre and watch these wonderful animals in their natural habitat
When to go:
From $3,850 pp
- Explore the tastes of Chiang Mai on a street food tour
- Witness the monks’ morning alms ceremony at Wat Phra That Doi Suthep
- Enjoy the northern Thai wilderness and wildlife at Chiang Rai
- Cruise along the mighty Mekong, stopping to visit local villages and temples
- Soak up the atmosphere on a cycling tour around Luang Prabang, Laos
When to go: