Originally from Cambridge in the UK, Chris headed off to the airport on his first big adventure as soon as he turned 18, spending 3 months travelling through Japan, South East Asia, Australia and New Zealand. He knew travel was his future, and upon his return to the UK he picked the most travel related degree he could find, Geography. His dissertation on the effects of tourism in a small fishing village in Malawi meant visiting the country multiple times and offered the opportunity to travel extensively through Sub Saharan Africa.
After his graduation, Chris started a hugely successful career at the UK’s largest independent travel agency, being quickly promoted into a management role. In 2017 made the cross continental leap to Singapore, coming to work for Lightfoot Travel.
If you are looking to drive across the US in a Mustang; scuba dive some of the world’s best reefs in the Caribbean, Australia and The Maldives; get up close with iconic wildlife such as orangutans in Borneo, Great White Sharks in South Africa, bengal tigers in India and snow leopards in Kazakhstan; or undertake iconic rail journeys like the luxury Venice to London Orient Express; Chris has the extensive firsthand knowledge to put together a trip that promises to be truly unforgettable.
- Los Angeles is a very close second but I would have to say Cape Town overall. There is so much to do including stunning scenery, amazing wine and food, beaches, penguins, sharks, whales and some amazing scenic drives!
- Notable mentions to Antigua, the Seychelles and Fiji but nothing is quite like the Maldives. Perfect place to relax on the beach. When you get too hot put on a snorkel swim a few metres in the warm, turquoise calm sea and witness an abundance of colourful sea life including turtles, rays and sharks (non man eating). Paradise.
- Deciding at 18 years old to travel around the world on my own. With no idea what I was doing (probably should have used a travel agent!), I booked a flight to Japan and spent the next weeks broke and hopelessly lost in the amazing metropolis that is Tokyo. I would recommend not falling asleep on a bullet train… you can literally end up the other side of the country!
- Travel Reading
- Bizarrely this tends to always be some sort of motivational/be a better you/self help type of book! Traveling is the perfect time to reflect ,re-charge and come back stronger!
- Travel Must Have
- iPhone. Whilst its great to switch off with the world, having a device where you can find your way, translate languages, convert currencies and find the top local restaurants is sooo helpful. Google Maps has helped me drive across deserts in Namibia and Turkmenistan!
North America –
Middle East –