Chobe River, Botswana
Cruising through the untamed waters of the Chobe River which dissects Botswana, Namibia, Zimbabwe and Zambia, the Zambezi Queen takes you on a one-of-a-kind African Safari in your own private suite, aboard a luxurious 5-star houseboat.
Accessed by a 30 minute charter flight from Victoria Falls to Impillia Island followed by a 10 minute boat ride, the Zambezi Queen is a 28-passenger, all-suite, eco-friendly river cruise ship featuring 3 luxuriously furbished levels.
This magnificent craft accommodates 14 tastefully designed cabins – including 4 master suites and come fitted with private balconies and mozzie-net protected panoramic sliding glass windows, ideal for game viewing. The houseboat also has a top-deck whirlpool where you can kick back with a glass of Chardonnay, watching for hippos, buffalo herds, lion prides, elephants or the rare puku antelope in the Namibian floodplains of the Chobe River.
Cuisine aboard the vessel is a divine affair – headed by one of South Africa’s top chef’s the in-house restaurant offers guests a modern-African menu for their dining pleasure.
Zambezi Queen has 2 game-viewing boats that afford close-up water-based game viewing in an environment where the animals do not feel threatened. You can also grab your personal guide and embark on a half day 4X4 game viewing session in Botswana’s Chobe National Park or head out for a cultural tour of a local village. During season time, tiger and bream fishing can be done and the smaller boats are ideal for bird-watching trips. The ship’s two-and-three-night itineraries depart from Kasane in Botswana and travel along the banks of Chobe National Park.
Zambezi Queen Information
- Location: The Zambezi Queen operates on the Chobe river and is based on the banks of the Caprivi Strip, 80km from Victoria falls and Livingstone, 3km from Kasane International Airport
- Accommodation: 14 suites
- Activities: Water-based game viewing on smaller boats, tiger and bream fishing, bird watching, land based game viewing in Chobe National Park, cultural tours of local village, aerial game viewing (available at additional cost)
- Facilities: Dining room, lounge, private pool, bar, sunbathing area, telescope, library,
- Weather: Spring and Summer are the rainy seasons, a time when the bush is green, lush and thick. Summer is from October – March and Winter is from April to September
- Children: Minimum age for children is 8 years of age, accompanied by an adult over the age of 21.