NamibRand Nature Reserve, Namibia
Wolwedans is nestled into the sand dunes and is set against a backdrop of extraordinary natural beauty. Located in the heart of NamibRand Nature Reserve, The Dunes Lodge provides the perfect base from which to explore vast stretches of awe-inspiring and undisturbed nature.
The NamibRand, which is located just south of Sossusvlei, is synonymous with some of Africa’s most breathtaking locations. The special attraction of the reserve is the diversity of desert landscapes.
The Dunes Lodge is perched on top of a dune plateau, overlooking panoramic vistas in all directions and capturing the beauty of the desert in a most memorable way. The building style is a combination of wooden structures and canvas blinds, opening up to the desert beyond.
The lodge reflects the ambience of a tented camp, but provides the comfort and protection of a permanent building. Each of the nine spacious chalets with en-suite bathrooms sports a private verandah, which connects you to vast stretches of untouched sand. Sleeping with your canvas blinds open is just like sleeping under the stars.
The main area of the lodge consists of two lounges, a number of sundowner decks, a fireplace, a tea deck, a library, the wine cellar and two dining rooms. The lodge also has a swimming pool, which is suspended above the sand and ideal for cooling off from the heat of the desert.
Wolwedans Dune Lodge Information
- Location:NamibRand Nature Reserve. A light aircraft flight from Windhoek to Wolwedans private airstrip. It is then a 15 minute drive to the lodge.
- Accommodation:9 Chalets
- Activities:Scenic drives, scenic flights, ballooning, trekking, sleep outs, picnic lunches
- Facilities:Swimming pool and library
- Weather:Good all year round, higher temperatures from November – March and expect more rain from December – January. May to September are the best months to travel, although it can get cold at night and early mornings.
- Children:Welcome, however no specific facilities