South Island, New Zealand
Set in the heart of the rainforest, Wilderness Lodge Lake Moeraki is the ideal location from which to explore New Zealand’s rarest flora and fauna in stunning natural surroundings.
There are 24 rainforest rooms which look out over the lush West Coast rainforest, equipped with private bathrooms, adequate facilities and the ideal bird watching window! The 4 Riverview rooms are perfect for those on a special holiday wishing to treat themselves in an added level of comfort. With stunning views down the Moeraki rapids, they have private sundecks, bathrooms and spa baths. They aren’t available for children.
Included with each accommodation is participation in their shorter guided nature activities of which there are two daily. These include canoeing, wildlife trekking, bird watching and stargazing. Any longer full day tours are charged on top of this.
With one of the finest views in New Zealand, the Lodge’s restaurant serves fresh wilderness food such as whitebait from the river, seafood from the coast, game from the forest and fresh vegetables and fruit. It has a well-stocked wine cellar with wines from nearby regions such as Central Otago and Marlborough Sauvignon Blancs. You can choose to eat privately or with other guests, depending on what you fancy.
Wilderness Lodge Lake Moeraki Information
- Location:Lake Moeraki, South West of the South Island. 4 Hour drive from Queenstown Airport.
- Accommodation:24 rainforest rooms and 4 luxurious riverview rooms.
- Facilities:En suite bedrooms, restaurant, balconies, lounge area, restaurant.
- Activities:Fishing, kayaking, stargazing, freshwater ecology, tawaki penguin discovery walks, rainforest exploration, seacoast walks.
- Weather:Summer is between November and early February. Winter is from June through to August
- Children:Welcome, Interconnecting rooms available for families.