Lake Wanaka, New Zealand
This luxury boutique hotel is located in the Southern Lakes region of New Zealand’s South Island. Set on the shores of Lake Wanaka against a backdrop of the Southern Alps, the views from Whare Kea are spectacular.
Whare Kea is elegant and charming, and has a wonderfully relaxed ambience. It will appeal to couples and families seeking an intimate and unforgettable year round escape.
Whare Kea accommodates up to twelve guests in two master suites and four deluxe rooms, each featuring stylish modern décor, bathrooms with underfloor heating and deep soaking bathtubs, and sundecks overlooking the vast lawn. Whare Kea Cottage is ideal for those seeking the utmost privacy. The lodge can be rented out on an exclusive basis.
Whare Kea is known for its outstanding cuisine and offers an array of superb gastronomic experiences from lavish breakfasts to magnificent dégustation dinners.
Set on the edge of the Mount Aspiring National Park, a 20-minute helicopter flight from the hotel, is Whare Kea’s stunning eco-chic chalet, which accommodates up to six guests. From here you can experience the ultimate thrill of heli-skiing or go hiking. Overnight stays are only available in summer.
There is a vast array of outdoor adventures to be had. Go mountain biking, canyoning, or salmon or trout fishing; explore vineyards or enjoy a skiing adventure in winter months. Back at the lodge curl up in front of the open fire, play billiards, take a cooking class, sooth aching muscles with a massage or relax in the outdoor hot tub.
Whare Kea Lodge & Chalet is a Relais & Chateaux hotel.
Lightfoot Travel provides tailor-made itineraries that include daily tours and excursions, restaurant recommendations and bookings, and can incorporate Lake Wanaka into a greater New Zealand or Australasian holiday. Take a look at The Finest of New Zealand’s North and South Islands as an example of a bespoke itinerary that we can create for you.
Whare Kea Lodge & Chalet Information
- Location: 1 hour drive from Queenstown Airport
- Accommodation: 2 Master Suites and 4 Deluxe Rooms in the Main Lodge, The Whare Kea Cottage, The Whare Kea Chalet
- Facilities: Billiards table, Cooking classes, In-room massages, Outdoor hot tub
- Activities: Heli-skiing, hiking, salmon or trout fishing, mountain biking, canyoning, four wheel drive safari’s, golf, horse riding, hunting, tramping, exploring vineyards, skiing adventures (during winter)
- Weather: Best times to go are between September and May
- Children: Welcome
- Price Guide: USD 700 for 1 night in a Deluxe Room, per person