Set in over three acres of enchanting gardens filled with 700 orange trees and hundreds of flowers Villa Mandarine in Morocco is a charming and peaceful boutique hotel. Located in the historic Moroccan city of Rabat, this former family home has a spacious living room with a fireplace, a billiard room and a bar. Interiors feature traditional Moroccan influences, family heirlooms and walls adorned with art.
The emphasis at Villa Mandarine is on warm hospitality and comfort. The 36 rooms and suites have been personally designed by the owner and overlook a delightful courtyard. Each room has its own terrace hidden by Bougainvillea and Jasmine trees offering maximum privacy. The bungalows have the added benefit of a private garden.
Villa Mandarine serves up all sorts of tempting Moroccan and international dishes. The wide terrace is the perfect setting for breakfast, or indeed anything other meal.
Relax by the heated pool, enjoy lunch in the garden or be pampered at the spa. You can even take a fascinating tour of the suites. There’s also a fitness studio and the Dar Es Salaam Golf Club is nearby.
Still untouched by mass tourism, Rabat is an easygoing and lively city. Visit the old ramparts or explore the alleyways of the medina and the Kasbah of the Oudayas. The coast and its beaches are only minutes away. Other activities include horse riding, tennis and surfing. Excursions can be arranged to fascinating destinations further afield such as Fes, Meknes and Casablanca.
Children are well catered for and there’s plenty of space for them to run about. The hotel provides kids’ menus and there’s a paddling pool.
Villa Mandarine Hotel Rabat Information
- Accommodation:36 spacious rooms and suites.
- Location:3 and a half hour drive from Marrakech International Airport. Located in the centre of Rabat.
- Facilities:Restaurants and bars,heated swimming pool, panoramic terraces, fitness studio.
- Activities:Cooking classes, swimming, golf, cultural tours.
- Weather:April – June is the best time to go, as well as September and October. July and August are very hot (can be over 100 degrees!) and from November to February there is a high chance of rain.
- Children:Children welcome, kids menu and paddling pool.