Thalpe, Sri Lanka
A private five-bedroom villa perfect for families, set on one of the best beaches in Sri Lanka.
Villa If is a beautiful private Dutch villa in a wonderful, secluded location just outside Thalpe. The villa is surrounded by coconut palms and gardens and is just a few steps from the beach. The beach at Thalpe is one of the most untouched and pristine on this stretch of coastline.
An open courtyard with tranquility pool marks the entrance to this chic and stylish colonial villa, and leads into a spacious living room bordered on three sides by French windows and wrap-around pillared verandahs characteristic of a southern walauwe, or ancestral home. Sumptuously cushioned sofas within the villa and planters’ chairs on the tiled verandah offer the ideal location for both socialising and just plain lounging as you gaze over the swimming pool in the garden to the glittering Indian Ocean beyond.
Lightfoot Travel loves…
“This hotel is great for children with day trips that include taking a boat from Unawatuna and snorkelling on the reefs off Rumassala and visiting the rainforest with a naturalist and learning about the plants, animals and the importance of this ecosystem.”
Villa IF Information
- Location: Near Galle Fort. 3-4 hours drive from Bandaranaike International Airport
- Accommodation: 3 double bedrooms, 2 twin bedrooms, some with outdoor bathrooms
- Staff: Staff of 6 including a chef
- Facilities: Swimming pool
- Activities: Excellent beach lagoon for swimming, excursions to Udawalawe National Park, rock temples, turtle hatcheries, bird sanctuaries, whale watching and local markets
- Weather: The wettest period is from May to September
- Children: A very family friendly villa