South Male Atoll, Maldives
Inevitably the crown jewel of the South Male Atoll, in the Maldives, Velassaru is your answer to a much-needed luxury island getaway.
Choose a water bungalow, villa or water suite perched above the sparkling lagoon, or hide away in a beach villa set amidst lush tropical greenery and pure white sand. With refreshing interiors that are light and airy, the beautiful minimalist décor uplifts your spirits with its dashes of bright green, vivid turquoise, refreshing orange and lemon yellow.
Expect spacious verandas or overwater decks with comfy daybeds and loungers where you can sit and enjoy the beauty of uninterrupted seascapes.
Watch the endless horizon from the infinity pool as the sun sets, turning the sky brilliant shades of red and orange. There are great indoor and outdoor dining options that range from chilling out with a selection of cocktails, wines and nibbles by the beach, to romancing your loved one with a private lunch for two on a quiet, deserted sandbank.
- Location: South Male Atoll. 25 minutes by speedboat from Male International Airport
- Accommodation: 52 Deluxe Bungalows, 20 Beach Villas, 9 Ocean Water Bungalows with Pool, 10 Beach Villas with Pool, 8 Lagoon Water Bungalows with Pool, 24 Water Villas, 4 Water Villas with Pool, 1 Pool Villa, 1 Water Suite
- Facilities: Boutique, fitness centre, lounge/bar, private/suite pools & outdoor swimming pool, restaurants, spa, concierge & front desk (24-hour), outdoor dining & lounging area, overwater yoga pavilion, PADI-certified dive school, WETLAB marine discovery centre
- Activities: Diving, snorkelling, swimming, water sports, fishing, spa, tennis, sunset cruise, yoga, island excursions
- Weather: Weather is good year round
- Children: Welcome
- Guide Price: From USD 1366 for 3 nights in a Deluxe Bungalow including return airport transfers for two pax (Shoulder Season)