Southern Beaches, Sri Lanka
Uda Kanda is only a short tuk-tuk ride away from the historic World Heritage village of Galle where shops, restaurants, spas, and an international cricket ground await exploration. In the opposite direction, stunning palm-laden tropical breaches with crystal-clear waters lie less than 15 minutes away and stretch as far as the eye can see.
This is first and foremost a family home with the owners spending a lot of time here. As a result homely yet luxurious touches are evident throughout. Even the family pets remain, creating a wonderful ambience with all who stay. It has 3 bedrooms, all ensuite, with dazzling views.
The villa design is “inside/outside”, making it feel wonderfully spacious; and due to its prime position on top of a hill it attracts a welcome breeze. The high-ceilinged bedrooms, two king-size double and a twin (which can be changed for a king size), are inviting and spacious.
Surrounded by luscious jungle, away from the hectic excitement of the beach, the villa is also home to an enviable variety of wildlife, especially a plethora of colourful birds who sweep and swoon continuously around the garden and the pool.
Uda Kanda Information
- Location: 10min to beaches and Galle Fort, 2hr drive to Colombo Airport
- Accomodation: 3 rooms (Sleeps 6)
- Staff: 4 house staff
- Facilities: Electric piano, games, books, satellite TV, DVD, iPod HiFi, wifi, 50 ft infinity pool
- Activities: Swimming, snorkeling, surfing, boogie boarding, whale watching
- Weather: Months of December to April are the best time to visit, the monsoon season is June to August and October/November.
- Children: Welcome