Lake Taupo and Rotorua, New Zealand
This luxury boutique hotel is set within 2,500 acres of 800-year-old forest, a 20-minute drive from Rotorua in New Zealand’s North Island. Treetops Lodge & Estate is a tranquil and peaceful retreat built from timber and stone to blend in with the surroundings, its elegant architectural style derived from New Zealand’s pioneering past. The lodge will appeal to couples and families seeking a unique and unforgettable escape in a spectacular setting of raw natural beauty.
Treetops Lodge offers a choice of accommodation including secluded villas with patios overlooking the forest, ideal for couples looking to indulge. Each lavishly appointed villa features a king-size bed, spacious bathroom with a spa bath and a separate lounge with a fireplace. The stunning four-bedroom Family Retreat is ideal for families wanting maximum space, comfort and privacy.
Dining at Treetops Lodge is a memorable experience. Start the day with a gourmet breakfast on your patio whenever you wish; enjoy a delicious picnic lunch; and in the evening indulge in a four-course feast by candle light in the library.
Treetops Lodge is a wildlife sanctuary that is home to seven streams, four lakes and endless adventure trails. An array of exciting outdoor adventures is available from hiking and mountain biking to helicopter tours and fly-fishing. The Kinloch Club international golf course is nearby and unique experiences including the Maori Food Trail can also be arranged. The lodge has its own cooking school and the ‘Wild food cooking experience’ is a must. Relax after a tiring day with a glass of wine in front of the fire or be pampered with a massage.
The lodge is hugely family-friendly and many of the adult activities can be tailored for children. Children’s meals can be provided and babysitting can be arranged.
Lightfoot Travel provides tailor-made itineraries that include daily tours and excursions, restaurant recommendations and bookings, and can incorporate Queenstown into a greater New Zealand or Australasian holiday. Take a look at The Finest of New Zealand’s North and South Islands as an example of a bespoke itinerary that we can create for you.
Treetops Lodge & Estate Information
- Location: 3 hours from Auckland Airport
- Accommodation: 8 Villas, 4 Lodge Rooms, 1 Pheasant Cottage, 1 Family Retreat
- Activities: Horse trekking, hiking, caving, mountain biking, Maori culture: art and cooking, fishing and fly fishing, hunting, archery, geo-caching, kids programme, cooking classes, guided safaris, flax weaving and poi making, helicopter excursions
- Facilities: 2,500 acres native forest, game reserve, spa and gym, golf course, library and conservatory, executive boardroom, Michelin Star chefs
- Weather: The best time to travel is from September to May.
- Children: Welcome
- Price Guide: From USD 580 per night for the Pheasant House (2 guests)