Masai Mara, Kenya
Situated in Amboseli National Game Reserve in Southern Kenya’s Masai Mara, Tortilis Camp is a luxury, tented safari camp offering prime views over Mt. Kilimanjaro. This award-winning eco-camp in Africa is renowned for its diversity of wildlife including elephant, lion, hyena and cheetah, as well as a variety of birds.
Tortilis Camp will appeal to couples and families seeking a unique and memorable safari experience in a wonderfully secluded location.
The camp’s 16 charming, thatched-roof tents all offer breathtaking views of the mountain. Each tent is elegant and spacious with a rustic-style interior, en-suite bathroom and spacious veranda. There is a two-bedroom tent for families and for those wishing to indulge, the Private House is simply stunning.
Delicious meals are prepared using fresh produce from the camp’s garden. Enjoy lavish bush breakfasts and dinners, or dine in the comfort of the open-air dining room as you take in the views.
Tortilis Camp’s unique location means guests have exclusive access to the 30,000-acre private concession and rarely see other vehicles when heading out into Amboseli National Park.
There is a wealth of activities on offer from bush walks to games drives led by experienced Maasai guides. Stop off for a sundowner on the way back to the camp, then cool off in the inviting pool as you watch the wildlife grazing by the watering hole. Later, ease tired limbs with a relaxing massage. For an insight into local life, visits to Maasai homesteads can be arranged.
The camp is family-friendly and activities can be tailored towards younger guests. A listening service is also available.
Tortilis Camp Information
- Location: 5 hour 15 minutes from Nairobi Airport
- Accommodation: 16 Tents, 1 Family Tent, 1 Private House
- Activities: Game drives, guided walks, swimming, bush breakfasts and sundowners, visit to Masai villages, visit to Amboseli National Park
- Facilities: Spa, pool, tented bedrooms
- Weather: The rainy season is in April and May, so it is better to visit the camp at other times of the year.
- Children: Welcome
- Price Guide: From USD 255 per person per night for a tent, minimum two nights.