Chitwan National Park, Nepal
Nuzzled in the dense forests of Chitwan’s National Park in Nepal, Tiger Tops Jungle Lodge is the ideal abode for the eco adventurer.
Committed to conserving the environment and promoting responsible tourism, the lodge is built with natural and sustainable materials. Housing 20 comfortable guest rooms elevated on stilts, you’ll be spending nights nesting at canopy level with clear views of the Narayani River in the day. The central ‘ghol ghar’ or round-house sits a library and a bar perfect for lounging in the midst of flora and fauna.
Take to the jungle by foot, on the back of an elephant or an open-top vehicle. With an abundance of wildlife residing in the labyrinth of plants, you’re bound to chance upon sightings of the Bengal tigers, one-horned rhinos and sloth bears. Stop for a leisurely picnic by the riverbank listening to the calls of birdsong, or ride a boat down the Narayani River where you might just spot the endangered Gharial crocodile.
Tiger Tops Jungle Lodge Information
- Location: Chitwan National Park, Nepal. A 25-minute flight from Kathmandu.
- Accommodation: 20 double rooms with en suite bathrooms.
- Facilities: Restaurants, bar and lounge, library, solar power.
- Activities: River tours, elephant safaris, jeep safaris, bird-watching, nature walks.
- Weather: Best time to travel would be from September to November and from March to May. Dry season runs from October to May. Avoid the monsoon season from June to September.
- Children: Welcome, although no specific facilities available.