Southern Beaches, Sri Lanka
A home-from-home luxury 7 bedroom boutique hotel in an enviable position in the hills above the town of Galle, with views over the harbour and fort.
The Sun House epitomises the very best of Sri Lanka, with exquisite and eclectic style and second-to-none service. Just a five minute stroll from Galle Fort makes The Sun House the perfect and relaxing base to explore this magical and historical area of Sri Lanka. During your stay at The Sun House you are transported back to a time when days began with a hearty breakfast and finished with a game of croquet and a gin and tonic on the verandah.
The glorious building which houses The Sun House has been renovated and retains all of its colonial charm and elegance, with a large central living area at the heart of the house. As a guest you can browse through their eclectic selection of books, listen to whatever music takes your fancy, enjoy a pot of up-country tea or perhaps indulge in something a little stronger like their famous ‘Sun House Sour’.
There are two beautiful tropical gardens: The fragrant frangipani garden leading to the swimming pool, and the mango garden which has stunning views of Galle’s coastline. The gardens are an idyllic and serene place for you to relax, read, write or sunbathe. Delicious fusion cuisine is served and meals can be taken in the dining room, on one of the house’s airy verandahs, or in the garden under the mango tree. Dick’s bar offers a more simple menu of salads, soups and pies and is perfect for a drink before or after dinner, sitting on the stools up at the bar.
The Sun House Information
- Location: On a hillside a quick 5-minute walk from Galle Fort. 3-4 hours drive from Bandaranaike International Airport.
- Accommodation: 2 suites and 5 bedrooms.
- Activities: Easy distance to Galle and the stunning south coast beaches, option of add-on safari and tea plantation walks.
- Facilites: Croquet lawn, infinity pool, massage / yoga, large tropical garden, 4 poster beds, claw-footed bath tubs.
- Weather: Months of December to April are the best time to visit, the monsoon season is June to August and October/November.
- Children: Welcome, however no specific facilities.