Nelson and Marlborough, New Zealand
The Sounds Retreat is situated at the head of Queen Charlotte Sound, 85 kilometres from Nelson and Marlborough in New Zealand’s South Island. This award-winning luxury lodge offers warm hospitality, bespoke service and spectacular views. Breakfast, dinner and drinks are included and guests enjoy complimentary use of a Mini Convertible. It makes an ideal base from which to explore Marlborough and will appeal to couple and families looking for a stylish hideaway and who love outdoor adventures.
There is just one suite at The Sounds Retreat. Designed to maximise comfort and privacy, it features a king-size bed, luxurious bathroom and state-of-the-art amenities. Panoramic glass doors lead onto a spacious deck complete with a private cabana and hot tub.
Dining at The Sounds Retreat is an unforgettable experience. Gourmet feasts are prepared using fresh local produce and accompanied by fine wines from the region. Meals can be served on the deck under the stars or within the privacy of your suite.
The Sounds Retreat is superbly geared to outdoor pursuits. Activities include kayaking in the Marlborough Sounds, hiking, cycling and fishing. An array of exciting excursions including wine tours and whale watching can also be arranged. Back at the lodge, hit the gym; enjoy a massage; take a yoga class; or simply watch a pod of dolphins from the deck. Wine tasting in your private cabana can also be arranged.
Lightfoot Travel provides tailor-made itineraries that include daily tours and excursions, restaurant recommendations and bookings, and can incorporate Nelson and Marlborough into a greater New Zealand or Australasian holiday. Take a look at The Finest of New Zealand’s North and South Islands as an example of a bespoke itinerary that we can create for you.
The Sounds Retreat Information
- Location: 4 hours 30 minutes from Christchurch Airport
- Accommodation: 1 guest suite
- Activities: Greenshell Mussel cruise, kayaking, seafood odyssea cruise, diving, waterways boating safaris, luxury cruise, dolphin watching, waterskiing, wake boarding, massage & beauty treatments, yoga/pilates, hiking, mountain biking, wine touring, visit to Omaka Aviation Heritage Centre, Omaka Classic Car Museum, Marlborough Museum, Museum of Wearable Art, Edwin Fox Museum, Maori experiences, Makana Chocolate Factory, artists’ studios, floatplane and helicopter flights, helihunting, fishing, Motuara Island Bird Sanctuary cruise, Ecoworld Aquarium, horse trekking, golf, quad biking, flying fox, paint ball, pilot a stunt plane, sky dive
- Facilities: Heated Cabana, private hot tub, Sky & Apple TV, private ensuite bathroom, rain shower, lounge area with couch, outdoor decks, Mountain bikes, gym, BMW Mini Cooper S Convertible (complimentary use)
- Weather: The best time to travel is from September to May.
- Children: Welcome
- Price Guide: From USD 1255 per night in a guest suite for two pax.