The Serai is a luxury, boutique desert camp close to the medieval city of Jaisalmer, Asia’s oldest inhabited fort city. Set in Rajasthan, India, it is the ideal place to escape the crowds of the city and enjoy quiet surroundings of the untouched desert. By night the ambience at camp becomes magical with hundreds of torches and candles lighting up the camp. The Serai offers the highest levels of personalised service, first class facilities and an unforgettable experience.
There are 21 sumptuous tents set in the 100-acre private estate in the Thar Desert. Designed in keeping with local styles but maximising comfort and luxury, all tents have a sitting room, a private terrace and huge bathrooms. Luxury Tents also have walled gardens and plunge pools, and for guests wanting the ultimate indulgent experience, The Royal Suite has its own pool, spa and separate tents for dining and lounging.
The Dining Tent serves local delicacies as well as delicious western dishes with menus changing daily. At The Serai the emphasis is on letting guest choose where and when they wish to eat. They will create tailor-made dining experiences from desert picnics to romantic dinners by the pool.
The Suján Spa is a rare treat with an array of therapies and ayurvedic treatments. There is also a stunning pool. The camp is in the perfect spot to explore the Kingdom of Jaisalmer, excursions to local villages and the fort can be arranged. You can also go on a camel ride into the dunes. Unwind after a busy day on your verandah or at The Bar and enjoy the views across the desert, especially the starry skies.
The Serai is a Relais & Chateaux hotel.
The Serai Jaisalmer Information
- Location:Great Thar Desert, 30mins drive from Jaisalmer Airport, 3.5 hours drive from Jodhpur Airport.
- Accommodation:14 Tented Suites, 6 Luxury Tented Suites, 1 Royal Suite with its private plunge pool, lounge and spa areas.
- Activities:Excursions to explore the historical Jaisalmer fort or Jain temples, camel safaris, desert drives, specialised photographic safaris, sundowners on the sand dunes, tailor-made excursions, reflexology, cleansing scrubs, massages.
- Facilities:Pool, Dining Tent, bar and lounge tent, The Spa, boutique, organic garden, telephone, fax and email facility, internet access.
- Weather:The Serai is open between September and March. The best time to visit is in late November.