Mixing the best contemporary design with simple, sophisticated comfort, The Ridge offers a fresh and modern lodging experience in the Hakuba Valley, at the heart of the mountainous Japanese Alps.
Formerly known as the Hakuba Hana Hotel, The Ridge Hakuba Hotel and Apartments is perfectly located only 2.5 hours away from Tokyo on the Shinkansen bullet train and nestled in the prestigious Wadano area at the base of the largest ski resort Happo One.
Just an easy, flat 200 meters from Happo One’s main chair lift to over 200 ski runs, and surrounded by restaurants, bars and onsens, this hotel is a hidden jewel offering unparalleled Western style Hakuba accommodation, luxury amenities and service.
Accommodation ranges from studios to four bedroom apartments, making these an ideal choice for travelling with family or groups of friends. The rooms and apartments are adorned with the latest designer furnishings and fittings and have floor to ceiling glass windows to maximise the views of the mountain.
Antlers restaurant serves up a hearty and fueling Western breakfast buffet before you hit the slopes and when you finish for the day relax in the Aspen inspired après ski bar with a warming stone capped fireplace, alternatively enjoy a relaxing therapeutic oil massage from the in-house massage therapist to relax those aching muscles.
Lightfoot Travel provides tailor-made itineraries that include daily tours and excursions, restaurant recommendations and bookings, and can incorporate Tokyo into a greater Japan holiday. Take a look at Cityscapes to Snowy Slopes as an example of a bespoke itinerary that we can create for you.
The Ridge Hakuba Information
- Location: Hakuba, a scenic and easy 2.5hour journey from Tokyo on the Nagano Shinkansen bullet train. It is then 200m from Happo One main chair lift, in Habuka Village.
- Accommodation: A total of 9 different room types.
- Facilities: Massage & Acupuncture, Kids games room with Xbox / Wii & TV/DVD, DVD library, Restaurant and Lounge Bar.
- Weather: Ski season from November to May, with ideal snow conditions in February and March when the powder is at its driest.
- Children: Welcome and very well catered for.