The Priory Country Lodge is a luxury homestead impeccably blending together modern pleasures and the finery of the past, for a wonderful highlands experience.
With a history dating back to 1848 in the legendary town of Boswell, The Priory Country Lodge is a luxurious Tudor-styled lodge sitting proudly atop Adelaide Hill. Set in a peaceful sanctuary of beautifully landscaped gardens and ornamented with the finest art and antique pieces, The Priory is nothing short of a well put together masterpiece.
Its spacious rooms give you uninterrupted views across the Tasmanian wilderness and the Clyde Valley with a private sauna overlooking the lake. The glamorously gothic-styled lodge makes a one-of-a-kind retreat with cozied up romance and wild adventure, all in one perfect setting.
The Priory Country Lodge Information
- Accomodation: 4 luxury bedrooms and 2 additional valley view suites located behind the main home (eco-friendly, solar powered)
- Location: Bothwell, central Tasmania, 1 hour drive inland from Hobart
- Facilities: ‘Country-side’ kitchen dining, hunting room, DVD and CD library, free WiFi, hotel bar, outdoor infra-red sauna room, glass enclosed porch with bbq pit, golf course
- Activities: Fly fishing, Bothwell town tours on bicycles, wildlife watching, tours of Nant whiskey distillery, cooking classes at The Agrarian Kitchen, guided walks, shooting
- Children: Welcome
- Climate: Good to visit all year round with warmest weather between November and April