Built into the banks of the Mekong River in Laos, the Luang Say Lodge is a charming resort that prides itself on its warm hospitality, excellent food and superb service. Situated on four hectares of land with a backdrop of mountains and the jungle, this eco-lodge offers a wonderful back to nature experience.
20 large and comfortable wooden bungalows have been built in traditional Laotian style in keeping with the natural surroundings and are linked by walkways. Elegantly furnished, each features a comfy bed and large, open-air windows with spectacular views over the Mekong River.
Luang Say Lodge has a large, central restaurant were delicious local Laotian feasts are prepared using fresh, locally grown ingredients. Dance performances from local villagers and school children often take place on the verandah.
This tranquil and idyllic hideaway is the ideal place to spend a night or two after cruising down the Mekong River.
Lightfoot Travel provides tailor-made itineraries that include daily tours and excursions, restaurant recommendations and bookings, and can incorporate Luang Prabang into a greater Laos holiday. Take a look at Culture and Beauty in Luang Prabang as an example of a bespoke itinerary that we can create for you.
The Luang Say Lodge Information
- Location: Luang Prabang, above the Mekong River.
- Accomodation: 17 pavilions, 20 bungalows
- Activities:Visit Pak Ou Buddha caves, Ban Gon Dturn ethnic village, Thai border, Ban Baw whiskey village, Phou Si Mountain, Kuang Si waterfalls, various temples and markets.
- Facilities: Restaurant and Bar.
- Weather:The cooler drier months are from November to March and humidity is at its highest between May and September.