Built in 1931, The Imperial is an exceptionally grand hotel located near renowned shopping and commercial district Connaught Place in New Delhi. Recognised as one of Asia’s finest hotels, the hotel exudes luxury and combines classic Indian elegance with a contemporary colonial style. The service is impeccable and facilities are first class.
This magnificent hotel is surrounded by delightful gardens. Victorian, colonial and art deco styles feature throughout, with high ceilings, marble floors and crystal chandeliers, and an extensive collection of colonial images and memorabilia. Families are welcome and babysitting can be arranged
There are 234 spacious rooms and suites, some are designed in an Art Deco style while others incorporate elegant colonial influences. Some suites feature four-poster beds, separate living rooms and marble baths. The opulent Royal Imperial Suite is enormous and also includes a separate dining area, a delightful terrace, sauna and steam room, and Jacuzzi. Each floor is dedicated to an artist whose original works adorn the walls of the rooms and corridors.
The Imperial has nine restaurants and bars. The award-winning Spice Route serves up South East Asian cuisine in its magnificent interior, while 1911 Restaurant features old world Western favourites. Its verandah overlooks three acres of beautiful gardens. Afternoon tea in The Atrium makes for an indulgent treat.
Close to Connaught Place, this luxury hotel ideally located for shopping and visiting markets, museums and other major attractions. After a day sightseeing, relax and rejuvenate at the Health and Racquet club or by the pool, or enjoy a treatment at The Imperial Spa. You can also visit the hotel’s resident astrologer to see what the future holds.
The Imperial Information
- Location: Janpath, New Delhi, 30-minutes drive from the International Airport.
- Accommodation: 192 Guest Rooms and 43 Suites.
- Activities: Jogging, nature walks, swimming, massage, body scrubs, foot reflexology, sightseeing at attractions like Red Fort, Jama Masjid, Chandni Chowk, Raj Ghat, Humayun’s Tomb, India Gate and Qutub Minar.
- Facilities: Restaurants, bar, Health & Racquet Club, pool, Techno Gym, The Imperial Spa, Imperial boutique, The Imperial Book Shop, Chanel boutique.
- Weather: Peak summer months last from April to June where temperatures can reach up to 45 degrees Celsius. The monsoon season from July to September sees alot of rain and high humidity. November to February is considered the most ideal period to visit.
- Children: Welcome. Babysitting and Children’s amenities available.