Mount Cook, New Zealand
Located in Aoraki Mount Cook Alpine Village in the South Island, The Hermitage Hotel’s spectacular setting offers exceptional views of Mount Cook and the Southern Alps. This luxury hotel is the ideal base from which to explore the area and will appeal to adventurous couples and families looking for a unique alpine experience.
Accommodation at The Hermitage Hotel consists of 164 decent-sized and elegant rooms in the main hotel. Some rooms include balconies or patios with impressive views over Aoraki Mount Cook. There are additional self-contained Motel studios and alpine-style Chalets a short shuttle ride away. These are ideal for families.
Start the day off with a sumptuous buffet breakfast as you enjoy the magnificent views in the Alpine Restaurant, dine on international delights in The Panorama Room or sample classic Kiwi fare in The Sir Edmund Hillary café.
There is so much to do that you will never get bored. Explore New Zealand’s largest glacier by boat, head into the Tasman Valley on a thrilling four wheel drive adventure, take a scenic flight or go on a state-of-the-art stargazing mission. One of the highlights at The Hermitage Hotel is the theatre that features a Digital Dome Planetarium and a 3D screen. After a tiring day, relax in front of the log fire, enjoy a cocktail in the bar or watch a fascinating documentary in the theatre.
The Hermitage Hotel Information
- Location:Aoraki Mount Cook Alpine Village in the South Island
- Accommodation:164 rooms, additional self-contained Motel studios and alpine-style chalets.
- Facilities:Lobby, restaurant, theatre, cafe, bar.
- Activities:Mountain biking, trout fishing, kayaking, horse riding, star gazing, scenic flights, glacier exploration.
- Weather:Summer is between November and early February. Winter is from June through to August.
- Children:Welcome, babysitting available and chalets which are ideal for families.