The golden age of travel lives on aboard the magnificent Eastern & Oriental Express train. Journey between Bangkok and Singapore for the perfect introduction to the wonders of Asia and enjoy unforgettable adventures on board the iconic green and cream carriages. Relax in luxury as you wind through jungle-covered hills, rainforests and charming villages of South-East Asia.
Journeys that venture off the beaten track are also an option. You’ll discover the beautiful UNESCO World Heritage town of Luang Prabang in Laos and the dramatic splendour of Cambodia’s ancient city, Angkor Wat.
Remodelled by Gérard Gallet, the man behind the British Pullman and the Venice Simplon-Orient-Express, the Eastern & Oriental Express offers a South-East Asian travel experience like no other, as you voyage through some of the world’s most beautiful and exotic landscapes. First class facilities and refined touches, such as personal 24-hour steward service and a grand, open-air observation deck, all add to the feeling of glamour and style on board.
Lavish, wood-panelled cabins have been designed to meet the individual tastes of discerning travellers. Each air-conditioned cabin features an ensuite bathroom and large windows. By day, your cabin is a private lounge complete with banquette-style sofa. At night it is converted into a plush bedroom. The spacious Presidential Cabin offers the ultimate luxury.
Dining on board is a gastronomic experience as chefs create spectacular Asian and international specialities, incorporating the finest local ingredients, Lunch and dinner are served in two fine dining restaurant cars, while breakfast is delivered to your cabin.
There are plenty of adventures to be had each time you disembark. Explore the streets of George Town in Penang, cruise along the legendary River Kwai, then step back on board and enjoy afternoon tea, fresh fruit-tasting sessions or simply relax on the Observation Deck.
The Eastern & Oriental Express Information
- Accommodation: Pullman Cabin, State Cabin, Presidential Cabin.
- Location: Starting from Singapore, it voyages through Malaysia, Thailand and Laos. Various Chronicles such as “Epic Thailand”, “Fables of the Hills”, “Legends of the Peninsula”, “Tales of Laos” have been designed for you to choose from according to your preference.
- Facilities: Fully air-conditioned cabins with an en suite shower, washbasin and WC, 24-hour steward service, international electric sockets (220 V), a personal safe and hairdryer, international dining, bar car, observation car, boutique.
- Activities: Stops are made during journeys at points of interest. Excursions are lead by experienced and knowledgable guides and are specific to the journey you are on.
- Children: Welcome, however no specific facilities.
- Weather: Good all year round
- Parties and private hires can be arranged.