The Danna is located on the beautiful white sand bay of Pantai Kok, next to the impressive Telaga marina. This boutique beach resort combines elegant colonial style with modern luxury, and will appeal to couples and honeymooners looking for an exclusive tropical getaway. The Danna is also a great spot for families and has a kids pool and kids club.
The 125 colonial-style rooms and suites are spacious and elegant, and offer impressive views of the courtyard, sea, marina or surrounding hills. All have their own private balcony. The Duchess Suite is stunning with views over the bay and a plunge pool.
Take a step back in time at the colonial Straits & Co. café where afternoon tea is served along with British-Malayan cuisine. Planters restaurant offers tempting international gourmet delights throughout the day. After sunset, head to the Veranda bar for cocktails.
The fabulous multi-tiered infinity pool, the largest in Langkawi, Malaysia, is the perfect place to relax and enjoy the views of the Andaman Sea. Treat yourself to an indulgent treatment at the fabulous spa or unwind with a good book in the Reading Room. There’s also a billiards room and library. The Danna offers an array of experiences including private island picnics, yachting and jet skiing.
Despite The Danna’s peaceful location it is near shops and restaurants, and is conveniently situated for exploring the island’s attractions. The Langkawi Cable Car is a short drive away.
From April 2016 – October 2017 The Danna will be under a period of renovation.
Lightfoot Travel provides tailor-made itineraries that include daily tours and excursions, restaurant recommendations and bookings, and can incorporate Langkawi into a greater Malaysia holiday. Take a look at Mainland Malaysia – A Trip Through Time as an example of a bespoke itinerary that we can create for you.
The Danna Information
- Location: Langkawi, 15mins drive from Langkawi International Airport
- Accommodation: 116 Rooms and Suites
- Facilities: The Danna Spa, lounge, restaurant, wine and cigar room, infinity edge pool, fitness centre, games, library and reading room, wifi, retail shop, Danna Kids Club
- Activities: Bird watching tour, rainforest afterdark tour, jungle trekking, yoga, fishing trips, island hopping, snorkelling, diving, mangrove cruise, Underwater World, langkawi cable car, langkawi crocodile farm
- Weather: Langkawi has a tropical climate with driest weather from November to April
- Children: Welcome, Danna Kids Club that consist of a Playroom, a Games Room and a Movie Room.