Nelson and Marlborough, New Zealand
Set in its own private forest on the banks of the Motueka River, not far from Nelson in New Zealand’s South Island, this exclusive and award-winning eco-lodge provides a unique and unforgettable fly-fishing experience. It will appeal to fly-fishing enthusiasts and to discerning travellers who are seeking an intimate and unforgettable wilderness hideaway.
Built from local stone and timber, this charming, luxury lodge is elegant and sophisticated and the atmosphere is relaxed and welcoming. The lodge’s four beautifully appointed and spacious rooms all feature balconies with spectacular views over the river. Each room includes a super-king bed with the finest linen, handcrafted furniture and all-modern amenities.
Dining at Stonefly Lodge is a highlight with delicious cuisine prepared using fresh produce from the garden, local quality meats and fresh seasonal seafood. You can choose to dine in the company of other guests or in the privacy of your suite.
Stonefly Lodge offers some of the best fly-fishing in New Zealand. With experienced guides on hand and a wide choice of rivers, there is something to suit all abilities from novices to experts. The lodge makes an ideal base from which to explore the Nelson Lakes and Abel Tasman regions and spectacular tours including hiking, wine tasting, kayaking and heli-fishing can be arranged. Relax in front of the fire after day of thrilling adventures or indulge in a massage in the privacy of your room.
Lightfoot Travel provides tailor-made itineraries that include daily tours and excursions, restaurant recommendations and bookings, and can incorporate Nelson into a greater New Zealand or Australasian holiday. Take a look at The Finest of New Zealand’s North and South Islands as an example of a bespoke itinerary that we can create for you.
Stonefly Lodge Information
- Location: 4 hours 30 minutes from Christchurch Airport
- Accommodation: 4 guest rooms, the Lodge
- Activities: Abel Tasman National Park, Nelson Lakes National Park, Kahurangi National Park, Wine-Art tours, Abel Tasman Kayak tours, Abel Tasman Boat cruise, guided walks, white water rafting, horse riding, heli tours, Abel Tasman scenic heli tour, fishing, cyling,
- Facilities: library, snooker table, “Matai bar”, private balconies
- Weather: The best time to travel is from September to May.
- Children: Welcome
- Price Guide: From USD 380 per person per night for a guest room (2 guests), minimum stay of two nights