Motueka, New Zealand
Built high into a cliff-face above the ocean on the border of Abel Tasman National Park, an hour outside Nelson on New Zealand’s South Island, Split Apple Retreat provides the ultimate wellness experience.
Offering warm hospitality, impeccable service and superb facilities including a gym, two pools and a spa, it will appeal to couples seeking a luxurious and rejuvenating hideaway in a spectacular setting. Children under 12 are not permitted at the lodge.
Split Apple Retreat provides three exquisitely designed oceanfront rooms, two of which feature Japanese styling and granite baths. Each room features a king-size bed, two private decks, a garden and state-of-the-art technology.
The retreat serves up delicious gourmet cuisine designed to deliver optimal health benefits. Menus are personalised to each guest.
There are endless adventures to be had and the hosts will arrange tailor-made itineraries to maximise the most of your stay. Go bushwalking, horse riding or fishing; discover secluded beaches; swim with seals; or take a helicopter ride to a secluded spot for a private picnic. You can also experience a traditional Japanese Tea Ceremony and Calligraphy session or participate in a cooking class.
After a busy day, indulge in a massage at the spa, take a dip in the saltwater pool as you admire the views or stroll along the beach. Split Apple Retreat also offers meditation guidance, Pilates and acupuncture.
Split Apple Retreat Information
- Location: 50 minutes drive or 15 minutes helicopter ride from Nelson Airport.
- Accommodation: 3 Rooms
- Facilities: Restaurant, gym, Infrared sauna, steam room, outdoor spa pool, infinity swimming pool, secluded beach at the base of the Retreat
- Activities: Sojourns into the Abel Tasman National Park, Kayaking, fishing, horseback riding, sky-diving, sailing, swimming with the seals, dolphin-spotting, traditional Japanese Tea Ceremony, Calligraphy session, cooking lessons
- Weather: The best time to travel is from September to May.
- Children: Children under the age of 12 are not permitted
- Price Guide: From USD 780 for 1 night in the Fuji Suite, per person (double occupancy)