This 24,000-acre private ranch is located in the heart of the world-famous Laikipia plateau in Northern Kenya, 50 kilometres from the equator. Sosian is a luxury safari lodge that balances cattle farming and wildlife conservation, and offers a unique safari experience in an unspoilt part of Africa. The reserve is unfenced so the animals roam free across the open plains.
Beautifully renovated, this colonial style African ranch has a welcoming atmosphere with experienced guides, top notch cuisine and excellent facilities including a pool and a tennis court. Sosian will appeal to couples, honeymooners and families seeking a unique and intimate bush experience. It is malaria-free, making it an attractive option especially for families.
The lodge features seven charming cottages nestled in tropical gardens overlooking Mt. Kenya. Each cottage features a verandah and ensuite bathroom. The Family Cottage has interconnecting rooms.
Sosian is renowned for its delicious home cooking. Start the day with a hearty breakfast on the riverbank or on the deck, enjoy a superb picnic lunch and later, dine under the stars in the bush.
Sosian is ideal for both adventure and relaxation. As well as game drives where you might see Elephant, Buffalo and perhaps even Wild Dog, you can also go explore the ranch on horseback, try cattle ranching and go camel riding through the bush. The ranch is also home to 350 different species of birds. Cool off in the river, leap off the 30-foot waterfall or float along in rubber tubes. Then return to the lodge and relax by the pool or have a siesta.
Families are welcome and special activities are offered for children. Babysitting can also be arranged.
Sosian Lodge Information
- Location: 4 hour 30 minutes from Nairobi Airport
- Accommodation: 7 rooms and 1 honeymoon lodge
- Activities: Game drives, guided walks, bird watching, horse riding, camel riding, fly camping, visit waterfall, tubing, fishing, visit local villages, cattle ranching, pool, tennis,
- Facilities: Swimming pool, tennis courts, bar, shop
- Weather: The best time to visit is from June to October, when there is less rain. Sosian Lodge is closed in May and November.
- Children: Welcome
- Price Guide: From USD 900 per night for a room, two pax.