Lewa Wildlife Conservancy, Kenya
Sirikoi is a beautiful lodge built on private land, surrounded by the Lewa Wildlife Conservancy, on the northern slopes of Mount Kenya. Some of the best game viewing in East African takes place at Sirikoi.
The accommodation at Sirikoi is made up of four luxury tented rooms, a two bedroom cottage called Sirikoi Cottage and Sirikoi House which consists of three bedrooms. The four luxury tented rooms are spacious and beautifully decorated. The tents are on raised wooden platforms affording wonderful views across the gardens to the waterhole, which is constantly frequented by local wildlife seeking water. Each of the tents have a fireplace within the bedroom area and an en-suite bathroom with bath, shower and a double sink. On your return from a day on safari the fire will be lit and hot showers await you.
Sirikoi Cottage is ideal for families and is an entirely private option at Sirikoi. It has two bedrooms with a large shared sitting and dining area as well as a private deck. Sirikoi House has three bedrooms each of which has been opulently designed to give utmost comfort and luxury. Two bedrooms are in one unit, whilst the master bedroom has a unit of its own and between them a large sitting and dining room area with a private deck providing plenty of space for the group to spread out and make it your own.
During the day, a range of exciting activities make your stay diverse and adventurous: opt for a helicopter flight or lion tracking, horse riding or walking on the conservancy or visit the local colourful Masai in the their homesteads. The day ends with evening sundowners framed by the dramatic backdrop of Mount Kenya and delicious meals are served under the start or next to a roaring fire. Offering unparalleled hospitality in breath-taking surroundings, Sirikoi is one of the most outstanding lodges where you will be part of a unique African adventure.
Sirikoi Lodge Information
- Location:Northern Kenya, Lewa Kenya. A 50 minute flight to Lewa from Nairobi Wilson Domestic airport and then a 15 minute game drive to the camp.
- Accommodation:4 luxury tented rooms two houses (A two bedroom house & three bedroom house)
- Activities:Day and night game drives, bush walks
- Facilities:Swimming pool
- Weather:The camp is closed in April and November. The best time to visit is between January and February when it is hottest and driest.
- Children:All ages welcome (malaria free). Babysitting can be arranged upon request.