Mabul Island, Malaysia
Built over the turquoise shallows of Mabul Island, Sipadan Water Village is a luxurious over-water resort fringed by beautiful coral, white sand and amazing marine beauty facing the Celebes Sea.
Featuring traditional Bajau architecture, the resort’s 39 cottages come fitted with a private sundeck and accompanying deck chairs for your lounging pleasure. All rooms and common areas are connected by wooden walkways so getting around is easy and you’ll be close to all of Mabul’s amazing dive sites as well – with some being no more than a fin-kick away from the edge of the resort. Most rooms are non air-conditioned but that won’t be a problem as there are great sea breeze from all the sea-facing villa.
The impressive dive centre at Sipadan is operated by a team of experienced dive masters, covering all the dive sites of Mabul, Kapalai and Sipadan Island and doing up to 4 dives a day. But if you’re eager for a marine adventure on your own, you can jump off the jetty and go diving in the resort’s house reef. The diving centre also has a camera team ready to do dive videos for you and the resorts new take on kayaking in transparent Molokini Kayaks, allows you to enjoy the beauty of the underwater world just beneath your feet.
Sipadan Water Village Resort Information
- Location: Fly to Tawau Airport via Kota Kinabalu. From the airport it is 1.5hour drive to Semporan Jetty. You then take a 45 minute speedboat to the dive resort. There is a RM10.00 per person entrance fee at Semporan Jetty.
- Accommodation: 45 rooms of Junior Chalets, Standard Chalets, Deluxe Chalets and Grand Deluxe Chalets
- Facilities: Dive centre, Restaurant and bar, mini-mart
- Activities: Diving, snorkelling, island hopping, kayaking
- Weather: Best time to visit is June to August, before the rainy season in October
- Children: Children welcome, however no specific facilities. Care needs to be take with the over water nature of the resort.