Kapalai Island, Malaysia
A few minutes by boat from the islands of Sipadan and Mabul and a whole new world away, the Kapalai Dive Resort in Sabah is the ideal destination for divers looking for one of the best diving experiences in the world.
Sitting on stilts on the shallow sandbanks of the Ligitan Reefs, the Kapalai resort is an innovative chain of chalets, linked by almost two miles of walkways. Complementing the aquatic beauty of its surroundings, the resort’s 59 wooden chalets offer twin and triple sharing accommodation, all attached with a private balcony ideal for some indulgent sun worship. The captivating views from the spacious rooms are accompanied by the soothing sounds of the waters just a few feet below you.
Dining is a sumptuous affair as well – enjoy your meals served buffet style under the terraced, open central structure and then wind your day down with an evening drink at the sundeck, with a view of Kapalai’s fabulous tropical sunset.
Dive spots are extremely close and can be reached in just a few minutes by speed boat or you can just swim from the resort’s dive centre pier. If your diving-appetite is still not satisfied, the big fishes and turtles of Sipadan and the ‘muck diving’ sites of Mabul are just a few minutes away.
For those who are yet to venture into diving, Kapalai Dive Resort also offers a variety of PADI courses including Night Diving and Open Water courses.
Kapalai Dive Resort Information
- Location: Kapalai Island, 15 minutes from Pulau Sipadan, 40 minutes from Semporna Jetty
- Accommodation: 59 wooden chalets
- Facilities: buffet dining area, western sundeck, dive centre, game room
- Activities: PADI courses, leisure diving, ocean kayaking, snorkelling, swimming
- Weather: excellent weather conditions from April – October, open for diving all year round
- Children: welcome