Sawai Madhopur, Ranthambore National Park
Step back in time at Sher Bagh, a luxurious and eco-friendly tented camp next to Ranthambhore Tiger Reserve in Rajasthan. This luxury safari camp is ideal for game viewing and spotting tigers. Its idyllic location, laidback atmosphere, warm hospitality and attentive staff make for a memorable holiday.
The 12 hand-stitched canvas tents are decorated in the 1920’s English style with writing desks and camping chairs. Each tent is air-conditioned and has a verandah, a huge bathroom with a wonderful sunken stone shower.
The food at Sher Bagh is exceptional and the emphasis is on dining outdoors. The camp has a dining tent serving Indian dishes cooked over clay ovens and Western cuisine using homegrown ingredients. They will prepare a picnic to take out on game drives and tea and cake is served when you return. Romantic dinners in secluded areas of the camp can be arranged.
After day spent on game drives spotting tigers and other wildlife, relax by the pool or on a hammock, or be pampered with a treatment in the Jungle Spa. Spend time watching the wildlife that visit the watering hole and enjoy a Thali dinner around the campfire where you can chat to other guests.
Sher Bagh is popular with families and is best suited to those with older children who can be quiet on game drives, although babysitters can be arranged for younger ones. They will happily arrange activities such as camel rides and short drives around the park and food can be prepared to accommodate young palettes.
Sher Bagh is a Relais & Chateaux hotel.
Sher Bagh Information
- Location: Sawai Madhopur, Ranthambore National Park,4 hours drive from Jaipur Airport.
- Accommodation: 12 Luxury Tents.
- Activities: Game drives and excursions at Ranthambhore National Park, full body massage, reflexology treatments, live cooking.
- Facilities: Jungle Spa, Library Bar, hand-crafted swimming pool, wifi, boutique, dining tent with outdoor dining area, mud-decks, hammocks and sun beds, laundry service, organic garden.
- Weather: The monsoon season is from July to September when the park will be closed. Summer lasts from mid-March to July while winter is from October to mid-March. November through February are cold months, especially around Christmas and the New Year. The temperature typically ranges from a high of 25°C to an overnight low at times, of 2°C.
- Children: Welcome. For children, you can opt for camel rides, block printing lessons or short drives around the Park boundaries, not far from Camp. In-house board games, jigsaws and puzzles are also provided to keep their minds busy.